• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zr skid in RX1 136

elkman

Am probably going to try zr 136 skid in my 136 shortie. Anyone with experience in install and ride and handling quality please reply.
Also I have ridden pro actions that rode well and would like to know what works to make my shortie 136 and my mountain ride like a cat.
I am 300 lbs and ride the mountain and my wife is 130 lbs and rides the shortie. Does the adjustable rear shock from Warrior fit and fix some of these problems and what does it cost.
How does the ride compare from Warrior to rx1 shortieand how adjustable is it.

Shortie?

The shortie is 121", not 136". Thw Warrior is 136".

sorry buckeye but my shortie is a 136. I could not afford a warrior. My shortie has rail extensions and a 136 track. The warrior seems to also have adjuster rods in the skid mounted further back on the rails than where mine are mounted. This probably change the suspension geometry somewhat.

When people say "shortie", they are referring to the length of the track. Once you put on a longer track, its no longer a shortie. To be accurate, you should say you have an "extended shortie at 136".

The warrior shock should fit, I've never ridden one, so I can't tell you how it feels.

I think it was Snowtech that reported the Warrior rear shock wouldn't fit other skids, since Yamaha made it longer since there was more room in the 136" skid. Not sure how you'd go about finding out, other than trying to bolt on in.

arctic cat suspension in rx1

I've read lots on this forum re ac suspension in rx1. Someone that has been successful could please tell me if this is smart.

Back