• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZR200 Primary Stuck on Crankshaft

Fleecer

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Just bought a ZR200 for my boy and went about servicing the primary clutch. I couldn't get it off the crankshaft as a unit, as it was rusted/seized/stuck on the crank. I first removed the moveable sheaves, then removed the snap ring and fixed sheaves.

The only thing left was the sleeve that houses the clutch. The is the part that was stuck on crankshaft. After heating with acetylene torch I was able to remove it. Once cooled, I cleaned the crankshaft and sleeve with emery cloth to a chrome finish. Put some lithium grease on both, however they still fit very tight and will require tapping on by hammer. This seems odd as there is a keyway to prevent the 2 from spinning. Is this normal?

Before a turn a little from the sleeve to make a looser fit, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into this?

Attached is a pic of the sleeve or clutch housing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230422-205542.png
    Screenshot_20230422-205542.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 51

Just bought a ZR200 for my boy and went about servicing the primary clutch. I couldn't get it off the crankshaft as a unit, as it was rusted/seized/stuck on the crank. I first removed the moveable sheaves, then removed the snap ring and fixed sheaves.

The only thing left was the sleeve that houses the clutch. The is the part that was stuck on crankshaft. After heating with acetylene torch I was able to remove it. Once cooled, I cleaned the crankshaft and sleeve with emery cloth to a chrome finish. Put some lithium grease on both, however they still fit very tight and will require tapping on by hammer. This seems odd as there is a keyway to prevent the 2 from spinning. Is this normal?

Before a turn a little from the sleeve to make a looser fit, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into this?

Attached is a pic of the sleeve or clutch housing.
Crazy how tight that is.. seems strange

Back