• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 - Replacement Idlers?

mdkuni

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Anyone thought about getting replacement wheels yet? I like to have a couple extra of each wheel so if one goes I can replace it quickly.

I am looking for somewhere in the US. Yet I am having trouble finding someone that sells all three wheels. It is hard just to find a 200mm.

I figure they are pretty expensive to get from AD Boivin especially with the shipping to the U.S.

Why not call Jeff @ AD Boivin and see if the wheels that are chunking out will be covered by the warranty he has spoken of in a previous post?

Jeff\ADBoivin said:
about warranty, it is 1 year parts.
but don't get me wrong, i will stand by my product !
if you ever brake it or have problem with it. you get in touch with me and i will take care of it ! Garantee!

who ever had to deal with me before know what i am talking about !

Jean-François Couture
Tech support / Customer Service
AD Boivin Design
jfcouture@adboivin.com
(418) 838-3783 ext 221 and 222
Fax : (418) 838-3957

If I have a wheel that fails premature I would contact him. But if I am riding and a wheel blows up on me on a Sat. I have to wait to call on Mon. and wait several days for parts to arrive.

$60 or so to have extra wheels and to be up and running in a couple minutes would make it worth it, especially when I am 150 miles away from home.

Arctic Cat has a stock 8" wheel from a 02 mountain cat that will fit on the ZX2. They come in all colors and they are only $30 cdn each. I used to run those wheels an my RX-1 Turbo.

Attachments

• post-1-1169523978.jpg
    post-1-1169523978.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 160
DC5 said:
Arctic Cat has a stock 8" wheel from a 02 mountain cat that will fit on the ZX2. They come in all colors and they are only $30 cdn each. I used to run those wheels an my RX-1 Turbo.

Does it have a 6004 wheel bearing?

kinger said:
How was the price?

Seems wierd we cant find a simple replacement

Prices reflect OEM pricing. I did order 18 wheels last time and they were kind enough to give me a discount for such a large order. Wheels get expensive in a hurry. Only cost about $22 to ship.

Prices were $26.66-$33.95. The 200mm being the most expensive.

Ok looking at the parts manual there are 3 different types of wheels on the ZX2 skid

120mm ~4.72"
135mm ~5.31"
200mm ~7.87"

All take a 6004 bearing except the upper idlers on the top shaft take a different one I think for spacing.

A std 5 5/16" wheel for poo or doo is close to the 135mm and will probably work

A 8" wheel may be a larger then stock ZX2 wheel at 7.87" and I'm not entirely sure if they are measuring the wheel minus the rubber or rubber included. When I measured my wheel it was less then 8" to the outside of the rubber but I didn't know if it was wore at all.

Still not a good part number yet to replace but I'm getting there.

kinger said:
Ok looking at the parts manual there are 3 different types of wheels on the ZX2 skid

120mm ~4.72"
135mm ~5.31"
200mm ~7.87"

All take a 6004 bearing except the upper idlers on the top shaft take a different one I think for spacing.

A std 5 5/16" wheel for poo or doo is close to the 135mm and will probably work

A 8" wheel may be a larger then stock ZX2 wheel at 7.87" and I'm not entirely sure if they are measuring the wheel minus the rubber or rubber included. When I measured my wheel it was less then 8" to the outside of the rubber but I didn't know if it was wore at all.

Still not a good part number yet to replace but I'm getting there.

I spent a lot of time trying to find replacements. Here are two sites that have lots to choose from:
http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Snowmobi ... s_186.html
http://www.mfgsupply.com/IdlerWheel.htm ... d=I9rx97w4

I guess I just never settled for close enough. I just bought another 14 wheels from AD this year. Not cheap, but I know they are right.

kinger said:
Your right mdkuni I ordered some poo wheels and nothing works. Searched all over and nothing in a 135mmx20mm guess I'm going to ad bolvin directly.

Yep, it is a bummer. Depending on how much you order from AD you may also get hit with a bill from UPS for the package being over a certain amount. I think I had to pay $36 or something like that to UPS this year.

Have you considered billet alum. wheels. They make wheels in a 200mm, 135mm, and I'm sure they can make about anything really. You can also get replaceable rubber for them. Cheaper to replace than an entire wheel, if you run studs. Ty advertiser, Tricked-Toys sells them and I believe Avid Products may also, but ontario is definately closer for shipping costs.

Back from the dead. I found some possible solutions for idlers to source cheaply in the US. I haven't validated these yet on my own skid but will probably be ordering some in the future. The 120mm wheels remain elusive and from what I can tell only a ADB only item. Also not sure why we all have said the rear are 8" they are 200mm which is 7.87" and there is a exact replacement for that. I think a 8" like a slydog one would work as its just a titch oversized. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• idler wheels options zx2.png
    idler wheels options zx2.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 192

Back