• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 TRACK KEEPS COMING LOOSE.?

ghost rider

Suspended
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rxwarrior
Every time i go out for a ride I have to check and tighten my track.? I keep the wheels at 50lbs tq
and they don't back out…..any ideas are welcome.

Barry

ghost rider said:
Every time i go out for a ride I have to check and tighten my track.? I keep the wheels at 50lbs tq

Barry

New track??

Not sure what else would cause that if everything is buttoned up tight?

Irv said:
ghost rider said:

Barry

New track??

track is fairly new about 200 miles….and the zx2 has only 150 miles….not sure if that's a factor?

ghost rider said:
Irv said:
ghost rider said:

Barry

New track??

track is fairly new about 200 miles….and the zx2 has only 150 miles….not sure if that's a factor?

I don't know with a 100% certainty, but I'd guess that is what is going on, it's track stretch due to it being new?

I would think it should stop soon but I'll let someone else who has experienced this say for sure.

The track can stretch for a quite a while until it stops...several hundred miles or so. I think even more so with studs.

Also, I think the composite plastic the ZX2 is comprised of, shrinks and expands with temperature fluctuations. Keep the track tension on the tighter side with the ZX2. It makes that suspension shine.

Thanks for the advise…its very helpful…..this is the first track and skid installation I have tackled so the details are new to me.

Barry

It's gotta be the track stretching. That's the only thing that makes sense if the tension adjusters are not coming loose. Just how tight should the track be with the zx2. I noticed this weekend that when my suspension compressed to almost bottoming I can feel track rub on the ice build up in the tunnel. Does this mean my track is too loose. I don't have any instructions on how to set the zx2
Sorry Barry didn't mean to hyjack your thread

stomper said:
It's gotta be the track stretching. That's the only thing that makes sense if the tension adjusters are not coming loose. Just how tight should the track be with the zx2. I noticed this weekend that when my suspension compressed to almost bottoming I can feel track rub on the ice build up in the tunnel. Does this mean my track is too loose. I don't have any instructions on how to set the zx2
Sorry Barry didn't mean to hyjack your thread

All cool... The instruction state that at room temp 72 degrees there is zero sag.
At outside temps during the winter months the track should sag 1.5 inches max
I found mine feels best at one inch sag.... It just that I have to adjust it after every outing
I now have 200 km on the skid so it should be settled in ...... Funny how people look at the zx2 and say... It's just a piece of plastic can't be that good... Then I say... When is the last time you bought steel skis ? That seems to work....

That might be the reason that I am getting the track slapping when the suspension compresses close to the bottom of its stroke. with the stock suspension I have been use to having the track a bit more loose and have leaned towards that with the zx2. I will tighten it up and see what happens. Did you ever post the ZX2 set up instructions on here anywhere.

stomper said:
That might be the reason that I am getting the track slapping when the suspension compresses close to the bottom of its stroke. with the stock suspension I have been use to having the track a bit more loose and have leaned towards that with the zx2. I will tighten it up and see what happens. Did you ever post the ZX2 set up instructions on here anywhere.

just got a new printer…so i can scan them and post them once i get it installed….i will send you a PDF as well.

Barry

stomper said:
hey barry, did you ever figure out what was going on with your track and suspension

Hi Brent, got the track sorted….must have taken time to break in the track and have the suspension set in.
keeping an eye on the torque on the bolts like everyone has suggested…..so far so good.
best skid i have ever had….

Barry

Back