• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 Track tension

zachalyse

Veteran
How tight are you guys running your track? I had mine set to have a gap of about 1 1/4" under 22 lbs of pressure in a 50 dagree garage. Then I started reading that it should actually be set fairly tight.

My big concern is that I'm running a 1 1/4" track in an SRX with 1.185" studs and want to protect my heat exchanger.

So, how tight I should I set the track? What's the pros and cons of too tight or loose?

Check the manual, it varies with temperature. I believe at 70 farenheight there should be no gap and at about -14 farenheight there should be about an inch and a half gap.

I follow the manual closely however in my 70 degree shop I have about 1/2" of sag, I figure with my extro drivers I wont worry about ratcheting. I love how when I get to stop it just rolls and rolls.

Yeah I have to actually use the brakes when coming up to a stop, I was impressed its never done that until I added the ZX2.

Try 1/2" of sag at 70 degrees in the shop and see how you like that.

I have found that running mine loose is far better. I run as loose as possible so that it only ratchets once in a great great while when really getting on the throttle hard from a stand still with great hook up. This extends the life of the hyfax and allows for much greater roll when getting off the gas. Additionally it allows the suspension to work more fluidly.

Back