• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 UPDATE for those having rebound and stutter bump issues!

Shane

Expert
Website
www.fa.ml.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 YAMAHA VIPER LTX SE
2015 Ski-Doo 800 XRS Renegade
2012 Ski-Doo 600 ace
2010 Ski-Doo 600 e-tec GTX Limited
2007 Polaris Dragon 120
I just spoke with Dennis and Hugo at AD Boivin about the rebound issue and firm ride in the stutter bumps. They have a triple rate spring that is extra soft in the beginning and gets progressively stiffer as you progress through the stroke. Unfortunately this upgrade costs $180 but hopefully it will be well worth it. Dennis said that the shocks were originally set up to work with up to two riders but they found that when riding solo it was too stiff. They are on back order for two weeks. Hopefully this will be the solution and we will finally be able to capture the incredible ride this skid can provide. ;)!

LazyBastard said:
Set up to work with up to 2 riders... huh? Since all "performance" sleds only accommodate ONE and since ZX2 is marketed as a performance suspension, that makes absolutely no sense. What were they thinking?

As with most things that is probably just a means by which they can politically circumvent stating that it is just to stiff. I really believe in the suspension and not just because I spent the money on it. It DOES WORK! Just needs some refinement and this thing is a HOME RUN! it takes the big stuff like nothing ele. Hopefully this "tweak" will get it spot on! I can't wait to ride it again! :Rockon:

Why not just do the revalve for about the cost you are going to need to pay for a rebuild plus the $24 shims? Although, I have not experienced harsh riding in the stutters so maybe that would not be enough for you? If you go with this spring Shane I would be interested to hear your report on it.

Of course what ADBoivin says makes no sense. Great products but #$%&* horrible customer service.

That makes no sense, two up? C'mon they stated last year they tested for thousands of miles with no issues and it was calibrated for max comfort in the stutters when they were pre-selling it.

Oh well I don't have a issue with it and I wont spend ANOTHER $180 to upgrade the upgraded suspension!

I'll be interested in the ride, my guess is you will lose some of the rough trail big bump capability and the transition from soft to firm will be short and abrupt causing other ride issues. If it works that would make the skid 100% perfect rhough and should be standard equipment on all new ones.

I've never even been on one, but I'd say it's a safe bet there is no single set of calibration specs for ANY suspension that are going to work well for everyone......

If it's going to be right though, they'll need to know how to calibrate it for different weights/conditions. Wouldn't you think?

Tripple rate springs are cool, but there are a TON of variables with them. I would think dinking with the shock valving might offer more predictable results. FWIW

has anyone done a measurement to see what the actual travel is from rail to rear mount. true verticle travel.

just another producted rushed to retail i would say. hope they can get the bugs out of it.

I already purchased the dual rate springs and the ride was markedly better for me. I think I will fool with the valving now and not go for another $180 worth of springs

mdkuni said:
Why not just do the revalve for about the cost you are going to need to pay for a rebuild plus the $24 shims? Although, I have not experienced harsh riding in the stutters so maybe that would not be enough for you? If you go with this spring Shane I would be interested to hear your report on it.

Of course what ADBoivin says makes no sense. Great products but #$%&* horrible customer service.

Customer service! What customer service?

Once again I have called and wrote e-mails with questions about these spring options with no replys at all. Just like last year when we had questions about set up, bolts falling out, vibration issues etc.
How do you ignore the hand that feeds you? :o|

Shane - keep us updated on the triple rate springs. The skid works, just need some tweeks to be perfect. My take is, since the shocks have no adjustability (other than revalve) it's hard to please all customers and the shocks will only work it's best in a given set of riding conditions, thus it may not suit all riding styles. Me I want it firm, but that gives me issues with too little rebound dampening and lost rear end control as a result of that. When shocks are going to service I will have them revalved for more rebound dampening.

I sure will! I too had the rebound dampening issue. If the triple rate springs don't do the trick I will revalve. I thought this may be one solution to try first. Keep your fingers crossed. :Rockon:

06vectorgt,

I just called Denny Boivin direct and he took cqare of me. Dial the main number and follow the prompts. I have left him a message and he has always returned my call within 24 hours and spent as much time as needed with me on the phone. I have had great customer service with AD BOIVIN! I hope you do to.

Shane

I must be the only guy that would like a stiffer straight rate spring. I loved the ride but have to run on the stiffest setting. I'm going to ask for a stronger spring for mine so I can run on say setting 5 instead of 7.

Stutter bump handling was fantastic but g outs could do with a tad more shck action.

All in all I love my skid.

Back