• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 Vibration survey

06vectorgt

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
A.D.B. Needs to know who and how many people are experiencing this vibration problem. They claim nobody has said anything about it, I see it through out all the ZX2 threads!

I for one have this issue and its pizzing me off!

im sure its not their fault ...must be operator error...(according to ad boivin they dont make mistakes)

How bad a vibration are we talking? I get a tiny but here and there and I thought it was from my studs (up the middle) hitting my doo extro vert drivers. I can feel a small vibration if I tuck my feet hard into the sides of the tunnel down by the foot wells at certain speeds usually slower speeds. Otherwise I don't feel a thing.

I get the vibration thing happening as well. It feels like the track is rubbing somewhere, but I don't know where it's coming from. I find it's more prevalent on hard packed trails and when I'm doing some road running. When I hit the softer stuff, I don't feel it.

When the season ends, I'll probably take the suspension out and have a look at the overall condition and possibly see where these vibrations are coming from and if they are causing wear on the track.

I have it also - they blamed it on the tracks being clipped every third hole, but my other sled has the same clipping with the stock skid and it doesn't vibrate - I'm with Grimm, I think it is rubbing somewhere - I've checked the alignment and it is pretty much dead on - as Grimm said, I notice it the most on hard pack and road running!! :dunno:

It is actually very possible that its due to being clipped every third. Just because the problem manifests on one and not the other doesn't mean that its not the cause. If being clipped every third is the cause of the vibration, then this is related to the shape of the rails and how the clips HIT the rails up at the front.

Is there anybody who is experiencing this vibration problem that is FULLY CLIPPED?

Is anybody who is clipped every third NOT experiencing the vibration?

LazyBastard said:
If being clipped every third is the cause of the vibration, then this is related to the shape of the rails and how the clips HIT the rails up at the front.

Well I tell ya, I do get a lot of noise from the track hitting the front of the rails while I have the rear of the sled jacked up and setting the track tension. But once I have the sled down and riding, it doesn't make that noise anymore.

ice ripper--no vibes

LazyBastard said:
It is actually very possible that its due to being clipped every third. Just because the problem manifests on one and not the other doesn't mean that its not the cause. If being clipped every third is the cause of the vibration, then this is related to the shape of the rails and how the clips HIT the rails up at the front.

Is there anybody who is experiencing this vibration problem that is FULLY CLIPPED?

Is anybody who is clipped every third NOT experiencing the vibration?

I had a clipped every third track in and really wanted to believe AD Boivin that this was the cause.

I have installed a FULLY clipped track and still experience the same vibration. So we can rule that out.

I have it. I found that the track was rubbing on the old black bracket on the right side and really wore the side of the track. I re-aligned it and still have the vibration. This skid is so much better than stock that although I wish the vibration would go away the performance of the skid over stock outweighs any vibration issues.

Back