• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 vs. Airwave

OneBadWarrior

Expert
I'm considering a new skid for my warrior and the price is irrelivant. The two are close enough not to matter. That being said, I'm looking to handle the nasty stuff better. As a trail cruiser it does a nice job but, when I drop the hammer and things get nasty the trail cruiser really shows its weaknesses. I'm not going to buy another skid after this one (right?) so I don't want to have buyers regret and be saying 'I wish I had..' So enlighten me my fellow four strokers, enlighten! :yam:

when the snow flies there will be ride reports coming in from the people that bought them this year. untill then you only have company reports from boiven(zx2). as for the airwave the skid design is proven and i expect the good ride to be even better with the air shock. the only downfall i see with the m10 is loss of top speed and minimal weight transfer. if i were you i would hold off for a couple of months and see what the new owners have to say about the zx2.

Yeah, I hate waiting! They are saying the ZX2 is the next big thing. I'd love to demo a sled with it to see for myself. Airwave is cool and a lot of guys say they would never ride without one now...

The air wave has also been updated so the front shock in the skid is now an air shock too. If it were o be used for packing on a ton of trail miles the airwave hands down. If you like to get aggressive, and boondock, the zx2 no questions asked. Hope this helped to confuss you even more. LOL Maxdlx

Thanks! yeah, I am confused! I do mostly trail riding but, I love to boondock and pick my way through the woods. I think I am leaning toward the ZX2 for the reasons you mentioned. I can't wait for the reports from guys who are running them this year. When I am trail riding I do like to kick it up a notch or two more than kicking back and piling up the miles. LEANING......

OneBadWarrior said:
Thanks! yeah, I am confused! I do mostly trail riding but, I love to boondock and pick my way through the woods. I think I am leaning toward the ZX2 for the reasons you mentioned. I can't wait for the reports from guys who are running them this year. When I am trail riding I do like to kick it up a notch or two more than kicking back and piling up the miles. LEANING......

I placed the airwave into my 04 rx1 121" and all i can say is WOW! I ride some big bumps in the Tug Hill area and it handles them with no problem. The nice thing about the airwave is you can adjust the air for the big stuff and you can adjust for trail riding. You have more flexablity. It's the best ride i've ridden.

Dave

How would you rate the airwave compared to stock? What shocks are you running on your setup? I'm still undecided between Airwave and ZX2... waiting to hear some feed back from posts. :rocks:

OneBadWarrior said:
How would you rate the airwave compared to stock? What shocks are you running on your setup? I'm still undecided between Airwave and ZX2... waiting to hear some feed back from posts. :rocks:

The comparison with stock.....LOL!!!!!! There's no comparison.. Stock is simply not even close. I'm telling you that the airwave is a must if you want the best ride. As for a shock set up, I had the kyb shocks in the front skies revalved. The skid has a main air bag and the frot shock on the skid is now air too. (I just ordered this up-grade to the skid.) Trust me, there's no better ride. Give Team Fast a call and talk with a tech.

LOL I figured you'd be chuckling at that comparison! Hey I had to ask coming from a guy who has only ridden one sled with an aftermarket skid (viper w/ m10) and I wasn't really impressed. I don't think the factory set up is totally bogus but, I would like to have the best skid available. If you buy the best then there is no bitching, right!?

So you are saying that there aren't shocks in the Airwave? Seems like that would bounce!

Back