• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zx2 vs revalved pro active skid

belcher

Veteran
How does the zx2 compare to a properly valved proactive skid. Is there any clearance isues with a 1.5 ripsaw does the tunnel protecters need to be removed. Should I consider revalving the brand new zx2 for better stutter performance?

Proactive isn't in the same league as the ZX2.

Dont sweat the stutter peformance reviews on this site, its listed because its the ONLY MINOR issue some wont notice others are picky.

Proactive geometry is poor no matter what you do with the shocks when it compresses the track loosens and you will fight rachteting, tighten the track and you fight slide wear, add anti-rachtet drivers and a few other mods to the skid and you might have something that rides mediocure.

The ZX2 turns the sled into a performance beast. You will never be sorry with how it performs. Its almost better then adding boost!

Anyone know if they will be on sale at the Novi show? and what they are going for? Or know of any for sale used.
Thanks Rich.

Does the tunnel protecters need to removed for 1.5 track with zx2 with 9t drivers ?

Not sure what sled you got but i just put a 1.5 on my sled and had to remove both tunnel protectors.(07apex gt) im sure there are other ways around this but removing them was simple and the best option for me

Subaru2006

Super Sled said:
There is a fairly new Expert X for sale near me.[/quote Sorry for the slow response but thanks super sled.....I'am holding out for the ZX-2 if I can but the expert X would be my next choice. It would still be light years ahead of the pro (poor) action skid
Regards Rich Kay.

I am toying with going 1.5 on mine and if I do I will just notch the lugs that would interfere with the tunnel protectors. From most its very close to fitting with 9T drivers, shave 1/8" on those specific lugs and I think you would be fine.

Back