• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 vs. XpertX

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have had the Xpert X and loved it. I am thinking of putting one in my Nytro. Which skid should I go with and why?

Fairly agressive, but I don't want to get jarred on the bumps. I loved the Expert X, it was everything a skid should be.

Sounds like your sold on the expert X

I have a ZX2 and will never ride anything else to me its everything I think a skid should be.

The maintenance alone is worth it or lack there of on the ZX2.

ZX2 is a true performance skid, I dont have any other mods that transformed the sled like the ZX2 including a 10 psi supercharger. It transfers when I want it to, it holds the skis down in corners, it gets on top of powder or deep snow, it soaks up the biggest bumps. I still find myself tensing up as I approach a big bump or hole only to hit it and find that it was nothing, years of riding suspensions that couldn't handle this is hard to counteract!

On a long railroad bed that is straight and has stutter bumps once they get to around 6-7" the skid cant soak them up as smooth as I would like, this year I am doing a hygear revalve if they fix that the skid will be 100% PERFECT for ME, I emphasize for me because that is all that matters, no internet review will get me off of it after that. Even with that minor issue I still may need to be dragged off kicking and screaming. The skid rules

Thank you. I had no problems with the stutters what so ever. I even remember a time we were running a power line and the stutters went on for what seemed like 5 miles. At the end of a fast run, I got off my sled and said WOW, lets do that again. I was actually laughing during that stretch of trail. It was awesome! I never said that before with any other skid. The group looked at me and thought I was nuts, they never wanted to go over that trail again. I want that feeling again.

In 03 when we had just started to work out the bugs of our rx1's,my friend bought one of the early ad bovine expertx skids,was horrable,bottomed very easy,and was not even that comfy,i am sure by now they have perfected that old style some more,and alot of it may have been the shocks that came with it.

I have been running an expert for the last 6 or 7 years. I will not run anything else. I have the hygear unprades on mine and is a 144. (solid rail)

My only issue is it holds snow inside the swing arms. Any off trail use and i have to reach down in there and remove it all....especially at the end of the day. If I don't, it will be solid ice come morning. lol

Other than that, I love my expert.

1CrazySledder said:
I have been running an expert for the last 6 or 7 years. I will not run anything else. I have the hygear unprades on mine and is a 144. (solid rail)

My only issue is it holds snow inside the swing arms. Any off trail use and i have to reach down in there and remove it all....especially at the end of the day. If I don't, it will be solid ice come morning. lol

Other than that, I love my expert.
What kind of shocks came stock on that skid,reason i ask,is you can buy that alot cheaper than the new zx2,which if i had the extra money would be my skid of choice,but if you could find one used,in the XpertX and do a hygear revalve,it may be the cats #*$&@,compared to stock,and hygear revalve..

i have my stock shocks redone by hygear with the remote two into one rezzi hylow. She is great. The perfect skid for me. Takes a beating and laughs at whatever is ahead.

Back