• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 with CURVE XS skis and BERGSTROM TRIPLE POINTS! WOW!

Shane

Expert
Website
www.fa.ml.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 YAMAHA VIPER LTX SE
2015 Ski-Doo 800 XRS Renegade
2012 Ski-Doo 600 ace
2010 Ski-Doo 600 e-tec GTX Limited
2007 Polaris Dragon 120
Guys, I think I finally got this thing set up! I CANNOT believe how great it rides and handles. One and half seasons of trial and error and buggin all of you. Now,there is virtually no ski lift (only when I don't lean does it lift), tremendously easy turning, and BITE like I have NEVER SEEN, G-OUT absorbtion and stutter bumps, well, I think don't stutters even exist anymore!

Too bad we have to go through all of this to get what ski-doo is delivering right from the facory, but we all know there is just something about that killer 4 cylinder and Yammi's fit and finish. Here are the settings:

A.D. Boivin ZX2 with new soft springs with pre-load set at 2 and revolver at 1/4. I may need to go up to 3 but I really like the supple nature in the stutters (like stock skid, you barely even feel them) with great G-out protection with the occasional bottoming on the BIG HITS!

Ohlins clickers up front, preload set with front end off the ground, loosen collars until springs jiggle and then tighten two more full turns. Dampening is set about 4 or 5 from stiffest, I have to clarify.

Curves XS skis with Bergstrom Triple Points I am NOT using the ski savers.

Ulmer Stage 3 clutch kit.

This thing pulls like a freight train, turns LIKE no YAMAHA I have ever ridden, is INSANELY easy to steer and soaks up the hits like it should. I hope this helps. Thanks to all those that have helped me. :rocks: :-o

You know, you have a far better sled than the doo. Granted, Yammy's don't seem to please under all conditions, but my experience is Doo's fall short too. At least the way we ride. They can be unpredictable. My RTX has never been unpredictable. When you see a G out, you're going in....LOL. But with some work, they are fantastic sleds, bar none.

Re: ZX2 with CURVE XS skis and BERGSTROM TRIPLE POINTS! WOW

Shane said:
Guys, I think I finally got this thing set up! I CANNOT believe how great it rides and handles. One and half seasons of trial and error and buggin all of you. Now,there is virtually no ski lift (only when I don't lean does it lift), tremendously easy turning, and BITE like I have NEVER SEEN, G-OUT absorbtion and stutter bumps, well, I think don't stutters even exist anymore!

Too bad we have to go through all of this to get what ski-doo is delivering right from the facory, but we all know there is just something about that killer 4 cylinder and Yammi's fit and finish. Here are the settings:

A.D. Boivin ZX2 with new soft springs with pre-load set at 2 and revolver at 1/4. I may need to go up to 3 but I really like the supple nature in the stutters (like stock skid, you barely even feel them) with great G-out protection with the occasional bottoming on the BIG HITS!

Ohlins clickers up front, preload set with front end off the ground, loosen collars until springs jiggle and then tighten two more full turns. Dampening is set about 4 or 5 from stiffest, I have to clarify.

Curves XS skis with Bergstrom Triple Points I am NOT using the ski savers.

Ulmer Stage 3 clutch kit.

This thing pulls like a freight train, turns LIKE no YAMAHA I have ever ridden, is INSANELY easy to steer and soaks up the hits like it should. I hope this helps. Thanks to all those that have helped me. :rocks: :-o
dont kid yourself,i just came back to yammi because of the doos bad handling and bad stutter bump performance,the only thing doo has over yamaha is weight,and for a 800 great gas milage,thats it. Now that i am back on my apex gt i feel much more in control,ya it does not handle the big square edged bumps quite as well stock,but i will have carver do a multi statck revalve,and that should help alot,and no more worries about lean midrange burn downs,blown belts,lack of top end speed,i can go on,but why!

Nice work Shane! Sounds like your persistence has paid off! I hope you plan on keeping that thing around for a while now after all that work.

I was just talking to Todd who owns George Henry's in Warrensburg and he was reminiscing of your motocross days. I told him you are still a wild man and the only thing that's changed is the season you do the pounding.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

I was thinking about putting a ZX2 in my Warrior as the primary mod to help improve all-around ride-ability. Stock it's great on the groomed trail but in the rough or twisties it isn't so hot. A new skid and a small riser, seat stuffing, and some aftermarket skis to replace the factory should round things out.

How hard was the install into your sled? I want to do all this stuff to the Warrior, because I can't afford a Nytro.

And George Henry's kicks #*$&@! I've eaten there a bunch of times, best restaurant of the Adirondacks! I have a place in Schroon Lake and usually stop in Warrensburg to eat at GH's and get some jerky at Oscars.

Back