• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 APEX M-TX

Staying the same as it looks just cleaning it up.

Last edited:

Not sure if you’re aware of the cracking issue on these rails. These are pictures of adding gussets in the area that is prone to cracking.
IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

Interesting. Thanks. I did have a 2006 apex mtx. Didn’t seem to have issue. Ended up installing iceage rails on that one.

Coming along nicely. There is nothing like the sound of an apex climbing up the mountain. I would love to find a cheep apex for my next build.

Coming along…just waiting for some parts now.
View attachment 175937
What did you use/do to clean the body area behind the secondary clutch? Looks like you polished it? Was this done by machine or hand?came out awesome it’s cleaner than when it was new!! Nice job

What did you use/do to clean the body area behind the secondary clutch? Looks like you polished it? Was this done by machine or hand?came out awesome it’s cleaner than when it was new!! Nice job
I just used a bit of aluminum polish. Like sled brite or mothers.

So I can’t seem to find the sockets I needed to remove the top gear. I did have a set from ulmer racing. Any chance somebody has a set in Canada I could buy?
IMG_3063.jpeg

It takes a 36mm deep well socket. I had posted the one I found on JB Tool although I'm not sure if it's still available. Others have just cut a standard 36mm socket in half and added a piece of pipe between the two pieces to make their own deep well socket.

Yeah for sure thanks …just thought I’d throw it out there first and see what laying around.

Back