• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Camso Track. thoughts??

Higher pitch? Yes, but higher than the Ice Storm which is what I was comparing it too, then no. Although the Ice Cobra 1.6 does come in a 2.52 pitch, it is also offered in 2.86 so again same as this one.

2.86 or 2.52 is the drive pitch. Pitch can be used to describe many things but in this case pitch means the distance between repeating patterns in the lugs. This track has a 12 pitch pattern, meaning the lug pattern only repeats starting on 13th set of lugs. The longer the pattern, the more unique scratch lines you will put down. Couple this with the number of studs per bar and you have a lot of scratch lines (80). If you are installing regular studs and making up your own pattern then you can exceed this but for a pre-studded track, this is very dense.

I had no idea what they meant by pitch BTW, I had to stare at their page to let it sink in. Its just one more piece of data that camso doesn't normally share.

Last edited:

$1300??????? Yikes!!!!

I was going to order a Cobra 1.352 for the 2025 SRX, but when I saw this one, cool. That one with more rigid lugs should have more traction. The only drawback I think of is maybe a little less top speed and less sliding in corners... I think I will give it a try.

When they say 75% the studs are are angled forward, does that mean they are pointing forward when on the ground providing more studs for braking? Or the other way around?

I was also wondering the same thing but if you look at the video they did, look like 75% of lugs are in the direction for helping traction wich is perfect imo.

I think it is just a cultural and english translation thing. I think they mean forward (with a quebec accent) as in 'into the ice' whereas most people would describe the orientation as backward, away from the direction of travel. Or forward looking at the top of the track which of course means backward if you focus on the part that meets the ice.

And their response is that yes, 75% of the studs/lugs are at a 15 deg angle to assist in forward acceleration and 25% are angled to assist in braking.
In both cases the lugs are designed so that under acceleration/braking forces they flex back to neutral ( 0 deg) for max penetration.

I suggested flipping the pictures around but they state that the pictures are just to show the 15 deg lean. Below still makes more sense to line up with their text (75% are angled forward, 25% are angle backwards)

1710356831808.png

Last edited:
I like the looks of it and the concept, but it appears it wouldn't fit my 2011 apex with the 2.86 pitch. And the price is STEEP! Maybe both of those things will change in time. It isn't on the tracks usa site yet and they are always cheaper than the msrp listed

Back