• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Broken Carb T's

BillupsOMally

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX-1
Does anyone know if the fuel inlet T's attached to the carb are replaceable?

Broke one of mine while pulling the carbs to clean, went to pull one from the parts machine and one was already cracked and the other broke very easily while removing the hose.

Local Yamaha dealer can't find the part in their system.

It's on the hose labelled #6 on the diagram in the service manual.

RX-1 Carbs.PNG

Broke one of mine while pulling the carbs to clean, went to pull one from the parts machine and one was already cracked and the other broke very easily while removing the hose.

View attachment 166142

The fuel inlet tee fittings are not available seperately.

I was able to get two tees or pipes as they call them. $12 can. at the dealer. Part # 5DM-14396-10-00. Not too hard to replace. Just a bit of a pain.

Update: This part # I suggested is for the air venting tubes and not the gas line tees. I am now stuck also trying to find some gas line tees for my 2004 RX1.

Last edited:

View attachment 166142
Where did you find this diagram and how can I get the part # for the #6 Tees for the fuel lines ?

Most Yamaha dealers have the Yamaha microfiche on their webiste where you can also get the part number. Here's a link to Port Yamaha

Just saw theirs doesn't go back far enough for your 2004. Here's another one.

Thank you for the help. However, 57 are for the air venting tubes. I actually am told it is 51 in this diagram . Although the picture does not show it as a tee. They are no longer available. i have also searched the Mikuni website and cannot find anything . This is the part needed.

Snag_ba7b865.png

I'm not so sure #51 is the T you are looking for as that appears to be the pipe circled in red. I have a rack of carbs I separated for the T's circled in blue. What I found to be the case with T you are looking for is that the rubber sleeves (circled in black) can be bad:

Ts.JPG

I'm not so sure #51 is the T you are looking for as that appears to be the pipe circled in red. I have a rack of carbs I separated for the T's circled in blue. What I found to be the case with T you are looking for is that the rubber sleeves (circled in black) can be bad:

View attachment 174551
The brown tees with the bad boot as you say, is what I am looking for. How much are you asking for 1 or 2 of them ? feel free to send a PM.

I really wasn't thinking about selling them; at least not yet. I just wanted to point out what I found with the rubber boots on them. I still have to separate my good rack of carbs and not sure what I will find with the remaining T's other than the ones I know need replaced.

I don't post on here much anymore, so forgive me of this has been covered:

Somewhere on this site, there is an old post dealing with replacing the rubber boots only, that fit on the brown tee's mentioned above. I looked last night and can not find the post.

If memory serves, a parts fiche from an older carb 1300cc Yamaha motorcycle engine uses the same boots, and they're listed separately for individual purchase.

I know this isn't much help, but maybe it will jog the memory of another member that once read this post.

I don't post on here much anymore, so forgive me of this has been covered:

Somewhere on this site, there is an old post dealing with replacing the rubber boots only, that fit on the brown tee's mentioned above. I looked last night and can not find the post.

If memory serves, a parts fiche from an older carb 1300cc Yamaha motorcycle engine uses the same boots, and they're listed separately for individual purchase.

I know this isn't much help, but maybe it will jog the memory of another member that once read this post.
Well, look what I found. Not sure if this is what Redbeard is referring to but just ran with his rememberance of it being an older 1300cc Yamaha motorcycle. Stuck with the same year (2003) and only 1300cc was the Venture and low and behold...
Hope.JPG

The good news is the fuel inlet T part number for a RX-1 is 8FA-14251-00-00 - they were never shown on a microfiche - now the bad news... they are no longer available in the US and we no longer have any - you may want to try some of the bigger Yamaha snowmobile dealers from that era and see if any have some still kicking around.

Back