• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 slide rails cracked

giggity

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha rx1
Doing some maintenance today on my 2005 Rx1 and noticed numerous cracks starting on the slide rails, I know this was a common issue on these. So what's my best option for replacement? I was told the apex skid at some point was beefed up to prevent this? Is it worth swapping my current skid out with an apex skid? Or just roll the dice with another set of rx1 rails? I saw barn of parts has rail stiffeners for a 136" track but I would need them for a 121 which I cannot find. If the apex rails are stronger will they bolt up to my current skid? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

the only rails that are still availble oe are the 05 rails and the 2010 rails. 06-09 rails are discontinued.

if my memory serves, i thought it was the arms that was more of the issue than the rails.

Doing some maintenance today on my 2005 Rx1 and noticed numerous cracks starting on the slide rails, I know this was a common issue on these. So what's my best option for replacement? I was told the apex skid at some point was beefed up to prevent this? Is it worth swapping my current skid out with an apex skid? Or just roll the dice with another set of rx1 rails? I saw barn of parts has rail stiffeners for a 136" track but I would need them for a 121 which I cannot find. If the apex rails are stronger will they bolt up to my current skid? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!
Very common for the 05 rails to crack on either side of the rear bump stops as there were no stiffeners on those rails. Easiest thing to do is swap to 06-09 rails with the stiffeners. I have some good used sets here. They would have the stiffeners and wider bump stops on so everything from your 05 skid would swap right over.

Very common for the 05 rails to crack on either side of the rear bump stops as there were no stiffeners on those rails. Easiest thing to do is swap to 06-09 rails with the stiffeners. I have some good used sets here. They would have the stiffeners and wider bump stops on so everything from your 05 skid would swap right over.
Price for the rails?

Back