• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 And Up Grizzly's Burning oil?????

Rotella is for diesel engines. Yamaha owners manual dosen't recommend it at all. I did use it in my 660 once and it didn't make any difference. A lot of engines will burn oil with Amsoil or any other synthetic. It is very slippery and will go right past the rings sometimes.

grizztracks said:
what? not a rhino sport?

My brother sold his sportsman 500 and bought a 2009 RZR. I'm not a big fan of Polaris atv's but it's a blast to drive. I've never ran any other side x side to compare it to but I'd consider one. The only disadvantage is that your limited to more wide open trails which could be a problem around here.

I really prefer the features of the Rhino but the RZR stock is a lot faster and unless you get the sport model it is several inches narrower which is what I want. I don't care for the way the Polaris 4x4 system works but I would put up with it on a side by side.

clutch said:
Rotella is for diesel engines. Yamaha owners manual dosen't recommend it at all. I did use it in my 660 once and it didn't make any difference. A lot of engines will burn oil with Amsoil or any other synthetic. It is very slippery and will go right past the rings sometimes.

where in the manual does it say that?...it might but I can just not find it??....is it because it is made for deisel engines you mean???

Back