• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX1 code

TBay Sledhead

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 Attak
01 SXR Long Track
Trying to diagnose a trouble code from a distance (Winnipeg). The engine light flashes once, what does this mean. The sled will run but won't rev up. TORS was already bypassed when he started looking at it.

The manual has all the codes, flashing like morse code long and short. I don't have it but noticed there are some pages posted online.

Sure sounds like TORS, but you bypassed it. By engine light I'm assuming the light farthest to the left in the digital gauge? The light with the triangle comes on too? I'm looking at the codes and nothing just flashes once. Maybe once every couple seconds, but there should be a pattern. Sounds like it may be electrical. Your coolant reservoir is full? Oil level? Maybe one of those sensors is bad... Or a bad wire/connection.... Just throwin' stuff out there.....

When you say flashes once, are you saying flashes once regularly on and off on and off? Or, flashes just once and never again? The only time I've seen my dash flash once and never again, is when I start the sled, part of self diagnostics. Had to mention in case thats what we are talking about. Perhaps the light does not relate to the sled not reving. The only other thing I can think of is the overheating or when it thinks its overheating. The sled will quite as failsafe. I had to go to a rear mounted auxillary heat exchanger (have the warrior with the tail). On warmer days it was always touch and go, before the extra exchanger. Pretty sure when the overheating was happening there was a temp range, and the engine light would flash, but also the temp indicator would show on the dash too. Above that temp range the light would stay on and sled would shut down. I may be remembering this wrong, but it was doing alot to protect itself. Check your coolant maybe. If its just flashing on the dash, should be another icon showing too.

Back