• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 rx1 warning light ????

cncpgm2

Hi all,

I bought a used RX-1 with 2500 miles on it. I took it out a few weeks ago and it ran fine no problems. I do have and issue with the battery, I need a new one it works fine when its warm out, but when the temp drops I need to jump it. My real problem came yesterday 1/22/03. I went to start it and it needed to be jumped. it started a little hard. but got going. When I closed the cowel I noticed the warning light flashing. and the lcd speedo had what looked like and engine block flashing also. it was 2 flashes with a long pause and 2 flashes with a long pause. I looked in my owners manual and it gave me a number 3 code. I do not have a service manual yet but getting it soon. Anyone have an idea where to start. I know the guy who I bought it off of, he does not beat his stuff and rides very conservitivly. He just bought a new Artic Cat 660 turbo, to go from the rx-1 to the 660 should tell you all something. I rode every mile with him that he put on the sled. He also has had all the maainance done that should be done. I more or less do my own matainance, I've been riding for 25 plus years, I machined out my own cylinders and rebuilt many of my own motors, Just trying to get used to the 4 stroke now. I would very much appreciate any help as in 2 week I'll be in Canada for a week and I don't need problems up there.

Thanks,

Bruce

Back