• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Yamaha Vector RS ER Belt Deflection

CharlieAZ

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha SRViper LTX DX and 2005 Yamaha Vector RS ER makeover 2017/2018
AOL
Palmercmp0466@aol.com
Anyone know what the spec from the top of the secondary should be for proper belt deflection , I just put on a New Clutch
and a New Belt and want to make sure I am good to go. Thanks Charlie

It's in your owner's manual. It shows V-belt position is to be from 1.5 mm above edge of secondary sheave to 0.5 mm below that sheave, and how to make adjustments by removing or adding spacers to the three adjusting bolts on the backside of the clutch.

It's in your owner's manual. It shows V-belt position is to be from 1.5 mm above edge of secondary sheave to 0.5 mm below that sheave, and how to make adjustments by removing or adding spacers to the three adjusting bolts on the backside of the clutch.
Thank you for your reply. I think I am good then as I am dead smack even with top of secondary Sheave.

Attachments

• Secondary deflection.jpg
    Secondary deflection.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 90
Another question, I took off the belt to take another look at the secondary , is it normal for the secondary to have a small amount of play on the shaft toward the engine and back its small... But I am new at working on clutches and want to make this is OK, as everything seems to have to be very precise .

rotational or the shaft moves front to back? rotational is normal.

rotational or the shaft moves front to back? rotational is normal.
Clutch is moving on the shaft , horizontally ,little play in it maybe a 1/4 inch

normal as it is supposed to be self centering on the jackshaft spline.

Back