• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 yamaha apex er please help

1CRAZYFASTAPEX

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 Yamaha Apex 1000
02 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000
slhgkw.jpg

29zvcpv.jpg

Can anyone tell me why my Fri t end or my 06 apex er does not line up the hood is not inline with the bumper I just bought it and thought it was bent mayne he hit something but looks like hood is just not lining up nothing is bent I checked thanks

Hood fits fairly loose up in the front. I can move mine 1/2" left to right. Its hard to tweak the bulkhead over as it is cast aluminum. It usually will break before it will bend.

Alright thanks just worried something is bent it is really bothering me with the good not lining up with the bumper it will if I push the hood over but wont stay

slhgkw.jpg

29zvcpv.jpg

Can anyone tell me why my Fri t end or my 06 apex er does not line up the hood is not inline with the bumper I just bought it and thought it was bent mayne he hit something but looks like hood is just not lining up nothing is bent I checked thanks
Take the hood and side panels off. Stand on a ladder and look down closely at the suspension a arms, bumper, riveted plastic and see if anything looks out of whack. The eye can be very good at picking out an issue. Then, from the side, look at the angle or caster of the a arms and make sure the they are parallel. You can take some rough measurements from casting points on both sides. If stuff looks close, you're good to go, as it will break if tweaked too far.
I hit a ditch hard once and saw my right side lower a arm was at a slightly different angle than the clutch side and the upper arm...it bent the a arm outer lower bolt, so I tweaked them back straight and put in a new bolt. Once it all looks good, try to see why the hood doesn't look 'square'. It slips over the front bar and locks in under the windshield as you know, so not a whole lot that can make it crooked.

Alright I really appreciate the help I'll look later today when I get home from work I looked up the front end on other apex and I found some other ones that look off as well some off where the hood is to the left and mine is off to the right also I cant get my adjuster on the tunnle to turn very well its off so I'm guessing the cable is broken or just stuck

I just bought the sled its a 08 with 5,998 miles I picked it up for 2100 it runs great but I wanna do a run down on it and dont know what all to check for guess I should of done this when buying it lol if anyone could help with what to go over and lube and check for leaks I would really appreciate it thanks

Needle grease the bearings behind the driven pulley and down by the speedo pickup! Cheap insurance. Just work the needle in at an angle til you feel it go in and grease til it comes out...turn and repeat. sneak it in by the inner race and seal.

Remove the speedo cable shock adjuster assembly and cable after turning full hard, or ccw, and then work the shock adjuster with a small screwdriver or old piece of speedo cable square or something, til it turns nice. Grease up the speedo cable and lube everthing so it all works free. There should be around 24 clicks on the shock, so turn shock cw til it seats, not too tight, back off one, and turn the tunnel adjuster ccw all the way and reassemble. Should have 24 clicks back soft and vice versa. They just get sticky.

No clue what u mean but I'll look it up lol thanks how about engine think there would be any leaks with 5,998 miles

No clue what u mean but I'll look it up lol thanks how about engine think there would be any leaks with 5,998 miles
About the tunnel adjuster? The shock has a rebound adjuster that the cable turns. Or needle greasing the bearings?
Oil tank seam mainly...I never had any other leaks anywhere.

Alright I'll look over it I also noticed not my clutch but the other big round wheel the clutch belt goes around that drives the track if I pull it out and push it in there is play there and u can see it between the bolt that is in the middle that holds the wheel on is that ok

That one is called the secondary or driven pulley, and on my 06, it is floating, meaning it will center itself to the belt.

This is a great site for all kinds of things, so take advantage of some of the tech posts and you will understand how all this stuff works together.

Back