• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 RTX problem

YamYboY

Extreme
need help with this one
so I was riding in the UP this weekend and suddenly me sled shut off, motor and electrical all shut down, kill switch is up and key is turned on. I checked my battery then checked fuses, the 20A igniton fuse is blown, I go to change it with the kill switch down and the key off and it blew the fuse as soon as I toughed put it in. I haven't looked into more of the sled yet but I am going to look this weekend, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Thanks

Wow. That's odd. Could it be a bad wire-harness? I think some guys were having issues with them and Yami was replacing some under warranty.

The ignition fuse feeds the main switch (key) which is before the kill switch so if the key is off the kill switch is taken out of the circuit along with several other components. If it blows with the key off then check the wiring harness for a short.

The ignition fuse also powers the ECU and idle speed control (ISC) directly so try unplugging them then install a new fuse. If the fuse doesn't blow plug them back in to see which one is defective. The ISC resistance can be checked to determine if it is bad. The procedure is in the manual's fuel injection section.

Check the main wiring harness where it runs behind the clutch. This summer the dealer moved my main wiring harness according to the service bulletin but they put it in another bad sport and it was rubbing on the motor. Never trust a dealer!

Attachments

• DSC01488.jpg
    DSC01488.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 69
I still say it's a short in the wiring harness...

Back