• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'09 Apex RTX not turning over

Kellyb

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex RTX, 2006 Apex GT
Hello all. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 09 Apex RTX. had 11 code. Replaced starter relay, code gone.. ran fine. Put about 20 miles on and stopped for a minute. Noticed tail light go dim and I turned her off. Wouldn't start. Not turning over at all. Towed home and pulled her inside. Tore it down to get a look at the starter relay. Put the battery on Optimate trickle charge. Jumped the starter relay and she turned over. Thought the relay maybe bad. Replaced with new. Not turning over. I can hear the pump turn on, but no turn over. Starter isn't clicking or making any noise. Tried different voltage regulator. Not it. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 20211130_122053.jpg
    20211130_122053.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 85

will it turn over if you jump the 2 large terminals on the starter relay?

will it turn over if you jump the 2 large terminals on the starter relay?
Yes. I jumped the relay and it turned over. That's when I thought might have been sold a bad relay. Replaced it. Still not turning over.

Code 11 is cylinder identification sensor. The one located on cam cover.
Check your battery connections, make sure they are good and tight as well as clean.
Did you use an OEM starter relay?

Code 11 is cylinder identification sensor. The one located on cam cover.
Check your battery connections, make sure they are good and tight as well as clean.
Did you use an OEM starter relay?
Yes.. OEM relay. After I replaced relay, code 11 was gone. Replaced twice because I thought 1st one might be bad. Battery connectivity good.

Back