• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1,000ft

rev them up's dragy post and the one I posted[sideshowBob] make an awesome example of faster is not necessarily quicker.
Both our sleds at the time the dragy runs were recorded sound to be very similar in tunes and mufflers.
I run a 1.75" x 141 track rev them up runs a 1.5" track that I assume is a 137"?

Bob's run
dragy 1.PNG

rev them up's run

drag 2.JPG

rev them up's sled out mph Bobs sled at all distances...Bob's sled was quicker at every interval

Bob wins the drag race but rev them up wins the radar run

LOL...its all in the setup and intended result

rev them up would have been catching Bob's sled big time at the 1/4 mile interval.

Notsure if you get the ms17 lean as it requires the big pump. I ran ms17 last year with 91 and no issues, but I don't run wfo for miles, 100%trail ride with sine 1/4-1/2 mile run thrown in.

rev them up's dragy post and the one I posted[sideshowBob] make an awesome example of faster is not necessarily quicker.
Both our sleds at the time the dragy runs were recorded sound to be very similar in tunes and mufflers.
I run a 1.75" x 141 track rev them up runs a 1.5" track that I assume is a 137"?

Bob's run
View attachment 174240

rev them up's run

View attachment 174241

rev them up's sled out mph Bobs sled at all distances...Bob's sled was quicker at every interval

rev them up would have been catching Bob's sled big time at the 1/4 mile interval.
100% agree... This is a perfect example. for radar runs I'd take the quicker sled every time.
But for lake racing off an arm drop, I'd probably prefer the speed.
An arm drop has a variable of .5 of a second, and no one would ever know. Then on top of that the distance is not exactly official.
Crazy to say this, but this example would be a dead heat until the very end.
If the guy dropping the arm even flinches, I'm out.
Usually you'll see their legs start to bend just B4 their arms start to drop.
If you are watching others race B4 you, watch the guys body posture and what he does just before he releases. Lol. Truth

Bob's run
View attachment 174240

rev them up's run

View attachment 174241

Very good explanation for the guys who think mph wins drag races, et does, not mph. PPl look at mph to much. i'll be interested to see mine this year since i made major changes since that run, 3mm taken off secondary( locked down secondary), got rid of d the ggb can(came on sled, would never buy that) added 3inch stock mod, fuel filter was plugged to the point it would barley beat my nytro(but not throw lights) added the big pump went to ms17 lean, added 39/35 vs the stock helix and trying the black/tan secondary spring and the gates belt.

Here is one of the very first runs i made. on snow, not great but a GOOD track, 1.5 lug , very easy start with a garbage muffler ggb, have since went to a td 3inch stock mod and better clutching but have not ran it since making the changes, had to add 2 grams to bring rpm back in check when i switched mufflers. MS17, running MS17 Lean this winter.
After many different mufflers, I have been using the TD 3" stock muffler mod for a few seasons now with a header and it is by far the best compromise or maybe better stated balance for performance and noise I have found.

If you upgrade your pump and let TD know they will send you the bundle than includes MS17 lean and MS19. They do not include it if you are running stock pump because large pump is a requirement with these 2 tunes. I have very little experience with MS19 but I prefer MS17lean over MS17. Max17 is basically powertrail with a bit of extra boost, driveability is identical.

Very good explanation for the guys who think mph wins drag races, et does, not mph. PPl look at mph to much. i'll be interested to see mine this year since i made major changes since that run, 3mm taken off secondary( locked down secondary), got rid of d the ggb can(came on sled, would never buy that) added 3inch stock mod, fuel filter was plugged to the point it would barley beat my nytro(but not throw lights) added the big pump went to ms17 lean, added 39/35 vs the stock helix and trying the black/tan secondary spring and the gates belt.
Black tan was my favorite spring to use and always what I ended back up with after testing others. Good choice, you'll like it.

Haven't seen you post in a while. Did you do the old switcherooski?
Nope, still got the grinder. 7000+ miles on it. Bought the wife a Poo 600r, fun sled, slow, perfect for wimmen…..:)

If you upgrade your pump and let TD know they will send you the bundle than includes MS17 lean and MS19. They do not include it if you are running stock pump because large pump is a requirement with these 2 tunes. I have very little experience with MS19 but I prefer MS17lean over MS17. Max17 is basically powertrail with a bit of extra boost, driveability is identical.
Now, for the lean tunes if you have the pump, if you’re running closed loop does it change the target afr that closed loop is trying to hit also or just the mapping in which case closed loop is already adapting to these conditions?

I have the five 3bar maps loaded in my sled. Two of which are
Max17 @ 280
MS17 @ 290
I'm assuming both are made for pump fuel & stock fuel pump. Probably a slash of boostane.
I also have Max20, which I assume ill need a pump for?
IMO, I would run big pump for any of those tunes. Maybe it's just me.

Now, for the lean tunes if you have the pump, if you’re running closed loop does it change the target afr that closed loop is trying to hit also or just the mapping in which case closed loop is already adapting to these conditions?
MS17 lean and MS19 are not included with closed loop because closed loop target afr is similiar on all the tunes so wouldnt be much benefit as its adapting to certain conditions like you mentioned. That is what I was told from TD when closed loop was released.

MS17 lean and MS19 are not included with closed loop because closed loop target afr is similiar on all the tunes so wouldnt be much benefit as its adapting to certain conditions like you mentioned. That is what I was told from TD when closed loop was released.
That’s what I thought, explains why I haven’t really heard of those times often since most run closed loop when set up.

I found MS17 lean to be the best tune for me.. I actually felt it ran better then the others. MS20 overheats the turbo FAST IMO.. Im talking racing your buddy or lake race day.. Trail riding I run lower tunes.

Back