• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

105 M.P.H. 08 Nytro rtx. What are your numbers?

170plus said:
snowman07....the nytro has the mph on top all the time and below that you can toggle from trip to odometer to rpm,you can have both rpm and mph on there at the same time

Thanks, guess I never notice that before. I usually pay more attention to how many miles I've traveled on the odometer.

05 rx1 has read as high as 126 on the speedo. Until I break down and get a gps I don't know my actual. But it does look cool when the speedo hits that.

Usually on the haywire grade north of Manitique MI.

Did some radar running this weekend. lake bed 800' runs. put up 85,86,87,87,86, and 88 mph. Not bad considering im 144 studs and the drag n fly clutch kit. my buddy has 144 studs,hauck header, hauck muffler, fuel accelerator, opened air box, and ignition/timing comander and a hauck launching clutch kit. he ran 86,87,88 and then fattened up the fuel and hit 91mph
i'm guessing he has about $1000 more into his sled and is running 3mph faster. I think i will stick with what i have ;) any other radar runners?

jeffT said:
Did some radar running this weekend. lake bed 800' runs. put up 85,86,87,87,86, and 88 mph. Not bad considering im 144 studs and the drag n fly clutch kit. my buddy has 144 studs,hauck header, hauck muffler, fuel accelerator, opened air box, and ignition/timing comander and a hauck launching clutch kit. he ran 86,87,88 and then fattened up the fuel and hit 91mph
i'm guessing he has about $1000 more into his sled and is running 3mph faster. I think i will stick with what i have ;) any other radar runners?
Does your buddys sled sound any different with the airfilters instead of the airbox?

This week-end i saw 174km/h on a iced road and i saw 165km/h on a hard trail yesterday. Very happy now. my sled have now 903km.

I saw 123 on the speedo last year on glare ice on a 2 mile lake run. Possibly one of the craziest things I've done. Completely stock at the time, with 144 studs. Since then I haven't been over 96... seems to be all I get out of it on hard pack. Can't explain the 123 besides the fact that it was a flat 1.5-2 mile glare glass run. This is first year with exhaust and clutching... so I have to get out and play with the weights this weekend.

last year on my 09 rtx se I could get 100 mph on the speedo, totally stock with something like 132 studs. This year with 136 cobra, 144 studs, extroverts, and I saw 96 quite easily in less than a mile on hard pack snow. I could probably get it to 100 in better conditions.

99 Mph on the speedo on lake hard pack, stock no studs, ran it for several miles trying to keep up with my buddy's Apex, wouldn't crack 100. Oh well I did't buy it for top end. My 04 Rev 800 would keep up with my friends Apex but I was always concerned about running at WOT for too long as I didn't want to blow it up!!!

here are my Top Speed Runs 114mph/183km @ 9030 RPMs(110MPH GPS) Generaly 4-5mph behind a fast Apex GT
Sorry for the shaky film I was holding the camera with my left hand, weather was a warm +6c ,43F , Stock 2009 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX 144" Track with 114 Studs, Bergstom Triple Points, with a 265lbs rider abord, conditions were sloppy almost like a slusy....quarter tank with 87 Octain

FIRST RUN IN MPH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBGkB_mCa8

SECOND RUN IN KM/H: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJMwib1XzCw

SCREEN SHOTS

Sta2.jpg

ICE.jpg

Start.jpg

ICE2.jpg

114mph.jpg

182k.jpg

Stud.jpg

;)! :flag:

The most i seen is 184km/h(115mph), but i only see it one time. In normal conditions on an hard road, i could always hit 178km/h(111mph).

the most ive seen is 113 with the wind to my back on 4th lake in old forge. turned around driving into the wind i only got 96. my brother and i both have 08 rtx's and we were within 1 mph of each other.

Back