• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

14 apex se clutching

blevis213

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 apex se
2001 srx 700
2000 srx 700
2021 sidewinder srx
I have a 14 se with 460 miles. I added ulmers airbox mod, fuel programmer, and clutching. I'm only pulling 10500 at wot and 104 on speedo. I know my motor isn't broke in yet at what mileage should it be broke in. Also what top speeds are you guys seeing after break in period. I hate to say it but i think my srx will beat my apex at wot. thanks

Just starting to loosen up at 500 mi. Usually see pretty good gains between 1000 an 1200 mi. The more ya get the better they are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

I have a 06 apex same but different. I would say my sled didn't wake up until 800 miles and didn't reach its high top speeds until I was over 1000mile mark. The first thing I did run/ride was I started it up got dressed jumped on and held it to the bars across the lake put on 33 miles doing this from one side to the other. I then loaded it back up brought it home and did a oil change. I did followe break in after that point. Now my sled has almost 10k miles of smiles on it. Sled dose not use a drop of oil. When my sled was a 121 I had it on GPS at 116 but that was a perfect day. It would average around 114 to 116 actuall speed then. The sled is now a 136 and I can 109/111 GPS top speed but the norm is 103/106. I'm running pcv IG mod Allen's stage 2 clutch kit now. I added those start of last season to pick up some of my lost MPH all I can say it was worth it. Keep one thing in mind those old triples were fast and yes a well set up one will dance with a apex all day every day

I have a 06 apex same but different. I would say my sled didn't wake up until 800 miles and didn't reach its high top speeds until I was over 1000mile mark. The first thing I did run/ride was I started it up got dressed jumped on and held it to the bars across the lake put on 33 miles doing this from one side to the other. I then loaded it back up brought it home and did a oil change. I did followe break in after that point. Now my sled has almost 10k miles of smiles on it. Sled dose not use a drop of oil. When my sled was a 121 I had it on GPS at 116 but that was a perfect day. It would average around 114 to 116 actuall speed then. The sled is now a 136 and I can 109/111 GPS top speed but the norm is 103/106. I'm running pcv IG mod Allen's stage 2 clutch kit now. I added those start of last season to pick up some of my lost MPH all I can say it was worth it. Keep one thing in mind those old triples were fast and yes a well set up one will dance with a apex all day every day
agree the triples are fast set up right, i think that's why i still have my 04 piped viper and 00 srx can't seem to let them go yet. I'll give it some more miles when or if we get some snow to ride on.

Back