• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 Viper with mpi turbo shutting down

murdered141

Snow Punisher
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
2019 sidewinder xtx le, sleeping for now
Last year my turbo viper would shut off at random whenever coasting or coming to a stop, this year its doing it even more often especially under 5000rpm when letting of the throttle, Im running the gems fuel programmer, wondering if it's a lean condition on one of the settings or what, my tors position seems to be fine, any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Last year my turbo viper would shut off at random whenever coasting or coming to a stop, this year its doing it even more often especially under 5000rpm when letting of the throttle, Im running the gems fuel programmer, wondering if it's a lean condition on one of the settings or what, my tors position seems to be fine, any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

I had a similar problem last year. On acceleration or slowing down it would cut out for just a second. Sometimes killed it sometimes not. It ended up being a wiring harness that had rubbed through and was shorting out. With mine if I paid attention the overheat error code would flash for about 1/4 of a second. Maybe worth pulling off the hood and making sure nothing has rubbed the insulation off. Best of luck finding the problem.

I had a similar problem last year. On acceleration or slowing down it would cut out for just a second. Sometimes killed it sometimes not. It ended up being a wiring harness that had rubbed through and was shorting out. With mine if I paid attention the overheat error code would flash for about 1/4 of a second. Maybe worth pulling off the hood and making sure nothing has rubbed the insulation off. Best of luck finding the problem.
No issues with acceleration it pulls hard, you might be onto something as I had one day last year when it ran really good without any hiccups but went back to normal the day after, I'll have to take a closer look.

Back