• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 Viper XTX Fox float 3 loosing air

802 Rider

Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 Sidewinder LT-X SE, Turbo Dynamics Power Trail Tune 270hp, Turbo Force Muffler, Dalton Clutch Kit, SLP Powder Pro Skis, 144 Woodys Studs
15 SR viper XTX
12 FX Nytro XTX, MBRP Trail Exhaust, Barcode 365 Upgrade Front suspension, C&A RZ Trails skis
08 Fx Nytro RTX, MBRP Trail Exhaust.
05 RS Vector ER, Hauck Exhuast & Clutch springs.
05 RX-1 ER Limited
03 RX-1 ER
02 SX Viper ER
01 SXR 700
97 SX 700
92 Phazer II
89 PHAZER
81 SS 440
82 Bravo
The sled is new to us this season. I let some air out of the front shocks to 75psi with the front skis off the ground as its my girlfriends sled and wanted to soften it for her. Went back in the shop about 5 days later and the left front suspension appeared to be sagging. Jacked the front back up to check the pressure and the right side was srill 75psi, but the right side was down to just below 25psi. I filled it up again, same thing a few days later was sagging again. For the hell of it I took some soapy water and put it on the top valve where you pump air into the shock and it bubbled up. So I think I found where it is leaking out. My question is, can you replace the center valve (like a tire valve) on the Floats 3's? Otherwise the shocks appear to work completely fine. Thsnk you in advanced!

Maybe it’s just the inside valve that loose, tighten with needle nose if you don’t have a valve tool

Yes or replace with a valve from a tire. Same thing. There are better quality ones but it seems to be the little rubber seat that distorts over time. I have had real good luck keeping that Schrade lubed with a Silicone spray. This is the most common failure point of Floats.

Yes or replace with a valve from a tire. Same thing. There are better quality ones but it seems to be the little rubber seat that distorts over time. I have had real good luck keeping that Schrade lubed with a Silicone spray. This is the most common failure point of Floats.

Awesome! ! Thank you!

Good catch on your part. I love my Floats and with some simple maintenance anyone can do at home they are actually very reliable. Remember Silicone spray. It wont harm rubber and can be sprayed everywhere that drys or corrodes.

I went to the local parts store and picked up 2 new valve stems and changed the valve on both front shocks. Refilled both shocks to 75psi. I was at the shop tinkering for almost 3 hours after that. Rechecked the psi on both shocks before I left and both are at 75psi. So hopefully that took care of the leak. I will recheck them again today after sitting overnight and give an update. Thanks again!

I went to the local parts store and picked up 2 new valve stems and changed the valve on both front shocks. Refilled both shocks to 75psi. I was at the shop tinkering for almost 3 hours after that. Rechecked the psi on both shocks before I left and both are at 75psi. So hopefully that took care of the leak. I will recheck them again today after sitting overnight and give an update. Thanks again!
Your Welcome! Dont forget to lube those valves with silicone spray and make sure you have good valve caps on. Have noticed alot of the caps the O-ring on outside is starting to crack lately.

Update.... with the new valves installed. It held air all last week and we rode 134 miles yesterday in the NEK of Vermont. Sled rode perfect!

Update.... with the new valves installed. It held air all last week and we rode 134 miles yesterday in the NEK of Vermont. Sled rode perfect!
What part of the NEK did you ride?

What part of the NEK did you ride?

We have a camp in Island Pond. We rode south first and did a loop toward East Haven and around the Radar towers. Then turned and headed north to Canaan for lunch then back to the Pond.

We have a camp in Island Pond. We rode south first and did a loop toward East Haven and around the Radar towers. Then turned and headed north to Canaan for lunch then back to the Pond.
Nice area.

Back