• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 wide in the Nytro MTX

I've got one in. But it is in a Fabcraft tunnel. The front area should be the same. This is where seems to be the tightest. It is very tight. I had to grind off one of the tunnel bolts. It seems to clear everything else, however, there is little clearance. I suspect I will need to trim the track in places.
I have the drop brackets on the outside of the tunnel to allow for clearance there.
Since the tunnel spec should be the same (in theory), I would suspect a stock tunnel would be the same.
I hope this helps and I will post any more changes I need to do when I get to test it.

Attachments

• seat 012.jpg
    seat 012.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 99
  • seat 013.jpg
    seat 013.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 90
  • seat 014.jpg
    seat 014.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 98
PwdrNut, is this the demo Nytro TURBO that you guys have? Any ideas when the first public flogging of the year will be for that magnificent machine? :Rockon:

Yes it is.
The answer to the second question is as soon as there is enough snow for it to be "safe."
We had an Apex get some major damage on a demo ride last year from a rock.
I'd rather that not happen again.

I hear that! Last year in early November I watched a fellow rider total his REV into a rock....threw his #*$&@ a good 25 feet, too!! Early season riding is "ride with caution".....I have to break in my Nytro this year, so I think I'll be doing some solid trail riding for the first 300 miles (what do you think, 3 days worth of trails?).....gotta see if I can get it broken in before the good snow falls.

Butta said:
I hear that! Last year in early November I watched a fellow rider total his REV into a rock....threw his #*$&@ a good 25 feet, too!! Early season riding is "ride with caution".....I have to break in my Nytro this year, so I think I'll be doing some solid trail riding for the first 300 miles (what do you think, 3 days worth of trails?).....gotta see if I can get it broken in before the good snow falls.

There are some threads about this already, any everyone has their own opinion.

But for me, and my new MTX, all i'll be doing is letting her warm up properly and then riding her hard everyday, everytime. If their is a major manufacture defect, you'll find it right away that way.

Yeah, I've seen and read a lot of different theories on the proper break in. I have an '03 Yamaha FZ-1 (which shares a lot of the same engine design as the Nytro), and I did the break in procedure per the manual....28,000 miles later and no issues to speak of, whatsoever. I love yamaha!

Did the same on my YZ450 in '05, and now with 100 hours on it and still going strong. I might have to go with my experience and the expertise of the manufacturer to get some peace of mind with my new $10,000+ sled.

When I asked my dealer about break in he said ride it like I normally would. Only thing he said is to make sure the red temp light goes out before taking off.

Read the Yami forum on Snowest. There's a topic about this exact uestion but with better answers.

In short, if you change the drop brackets and a few bolts up front it will work but is extremely tight. Sounds like most are going to stick with a 15" wide though.

i run one in my 05 vector its tight but works great same tunnel width as the nytro change the drop brackets & grind off a few of the nuts that are riveted to the inside of the tunnel has never been a issue with me. ;)!

Back