• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1999 yamaha race dept snowcross rear susp

venturemax

this is my first posting , i have aquired an olins shock for a monoshock rear race suspension and i would like to know if there is anyone out there that may have more infomation about it as i would like to aquire the rest of the components or fabricate them from drawings, specs. etc, to install in my 03 rx1.

I've got that same shock...and it's not close to fitting in the stock skid. If you figure out some way of getting it in there let me know!! Awesome looking shock though.

yes it is quite impressive ,the sheer size of the shock is due to the fact that it has to support the front and rear of the skid . i have some pictures and drawings but not enough to accurately reproduce the rest of the suspension. i was told that it had close to 16 inches of travel ,fully coupled.i have all the equipment and experience nessasary to fabricate all of the components ,what i lack are essential dimensions. any help in getting these would be great. thx

I have the whole suspension actually.....it absolutely does not work on the trail. It's fully coupled all the time so the sled will not hook and is very little fun to drive....

It jumped really well but that's about it. Ever notice how the Yami's where last to the first corner...I think I know why. That huge Ohlins is cool though, I'm thinking ultimate paper weight :).

Yamaha's tended to be first when they were still using the proaction skid, I've got a video from '97-98 WSA snox, looked good until then, and then the talent would over come the power :)

Back