• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 400 kodiak help

kodak

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
okay so i've introduced myself and read some of your posts and boy so of you guys know your stuff . hope some of you can give me a little advice on some things I would like to get rid of rev limiter if possible , maybe gain a little height and is there away to get a little more engine performance out of my 04 400 kodiak she has straight axle. thanks guys

tpi valves on the airbox lid with a jetting check at wot under load. as my bear is similar, that was the performance mod i was told to do to it.

as to the rev limiter, never hit it on mine yet but a clutch kit might help as it loads the motor more.

thanks maim the rev limiter was the one in reverse and I found a post to override it. could you give aliitle more detail on air box and jetting , the company that sells them would be good I am a mod rookie but have been driving for years. thanks while searching trhis site have seen alot of your posts aND REPLies and you seem to be very knowledgable. :Rockon:

tpi valves are used on snowmachines to let more air into the airbox but you can close them for playing in the powder or in a quads case mud/water. usually the jetting is ok but it never hurts to double check it. you check it the same way you would on a 2stroke snowmobile by reading the sparkplug/piston wash.

i know royal distributing sells them as does kimpex and parts canada.

saw alot of different lift kits out there looking for atleast 2" lift for som added clearence most kits were 1 to 11/2" for 80 bones and doesn't tell which machines get the 11/2 lift but I have also seen 2 lift for around 120$ I would pay 80 for 11/2 lift but 2" for 120 is better bargain than 1" for eighty. any thoughts or recommendations.

mine is stock height suspension with 26" interco swamplites. gave me all the clearance i need where i usually ride. makes it interesting when some one tears it up with 30's sometimes.

my bike only has 10 inches from ground to bottom of foot pegs think 12 would be much better . did you use stock rims with 26 tires your bike probally came with 25 like mine did it?

i ordered a rim/tire combo on ebay as the swamplites did not come into canada untill a year after i had bought mine. gave my uncle the stock 25's for his 92 bear.

here is a pic with the 92 with my 05 parked beside it. 92 is totally stock other than racks and bumpers. i have a windy and tires on mine with rack extensions.

rivervalley2009020.jpg

rivervalley2009010.jpg

willing to give it a whirl. i usually go to a couple of mud runs in the spring before i open camp up for the year.

Back