• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 rx1 vs 2007 apex gt close in performance ?

quebec#1

Expert
I sold my 2007 apex Gt last may with 10000 miles. I had thought id be in a good position to buy somthing new this fall. Im also thinking of taking a break from snowmobiling for a year but now have that craving.
Anyhow im on a budget and have a chance to pick up a 2005 rx1 with 3000 miles. I drove a 2003 2 years ago and like the fact that it felt planted around corners .
Seems like the 2005 had many upgrades done to the rx1. Would i be real dissapointed in a 2005 rx1 vs my former apex ?

I don't think so. Install an Apex seat and you'll really like it. And a choke isn't the end of the world. Full choke on a cold start. Drop to 1/2 for about 30 seconds then completely off and you're good to go. Keep the fuel treated during the summer and the carbs won't be an issue either.

05 RX1

I have a 05 RX1 that I bought in 2006. I think the carbs are a non issue. Mine always starts and I never had a performance problem with them.
If you get the sled get with Ted Jennety, get his clutch set up, air box mod and carbs jets and springs. You will not be disappointed.
I have only run a couple Apex's but
it was no contest. Maybe they were poorly set up sleds?
Only run one Nytro (stock) very shocked with out come. I heard they were quick out of the hole, not this one. I run a 2011 Cat 800HO last year. He pull 2-3 sleds on me out of the hole then the RX1 drove by pretty hard. It was much closer on the way back but I still drove by. I think he needed a little heat in his pipe. I run 119mph last year on my sled with one tooth ground off speed sensor gear. It may be a couple mile an hour off from accurate.
I am not a fan of my skid. Broken rails, bad wheels, slides melting fast. I added bigger wheels with ice scratches, problem gone. Welded the rails two years ago with no problems.
Good luck

Another good thing about Yamaha. Resale. Good luck

Back