• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 vector power loss after 60mph

Are there clamps on the boots ? Everything should be taken apart and inspected in the air box . Make sure everything is sealed correctly and not with RTV . If it reved up with the carb cleaner then its a problem . Fix that issue and change plugs and I'm guessing it will run .

Yeah the engine would pull false air right? Think you're onto something

It appears the air box has been repaired with sealant of some sort. There is also some visible around the the carb boots on the air filter side. Is this factory or did the previous owner do this? Also I was able to spray starting fluid around that same area and it made the engine idle go up so clearly it’s getting by, just don’t know if it’s enough to make a significant impact..?

i need to see a pic as the factory does use a touch of sealant to hold the boots to the air box but it looks gold/brown in colour.

CV carbs, so ANY amount of "unmetered" air will make the engine run like $hit.

Are there clamps on the boots ? Everything should be taken apart and inspected in the air box . Make sure everything is sealed correctly and not with RTV . If it reved up with the carb cleaner then its a problem . Fix that issue and change plugs and I'm guessing it will run .
clamps are on the boots and the sealant is brown in color. i wasnt aware that they used sealant. i fixed the one boot i thought was leaking and the sled will go alittle over 80 now but not as responsive i think it should. so im getting closer. the sled has about 6600 miles on it. im wondering if the clutches need a little servicing?

CV carbs, so ANY amount of "unmetered" air will make the engine run like $hit.
"any"? really? i never would have guessed a 4 stroke sucking alittle air would have such an impact. Also what are "CV" carbs? Im unfamiliar with that name

"any"? really? i never would have guessed a 4 stroke sucking alittle air would have such an impact. Also what are "CV" carbs? Im unfamiliar with that name

CV stands for constant velocity.

When you open the throttle, all you're opening are the throttle blades, much like on a fuel injected engine. The carburetor(s) rely on sufficient engine vacuum to open the slides. If you have an air leak, it's loosing vacuum and the slides won't open properly.

Cleaned my clutches and noticed more response, not taking interest in top speed.

When you cleaned the clutches, did you wrap the secondary spring to spec correctly? I've made that mistake on an occasion or two.

Back