• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Nytro RTX 121" rear suspension

Justin Fidler

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX
I just had both rear shocks rebuilt on my Nytro but still have approx 6" of sag in the rear end. It does not spring back up to full up position. If I lift the sled and take pressure off the skid, the sled will stay in the full up position but will sag as soon as any weight on sled.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

I installed hygear spring spacers on my 08 RTX. Seems to help.

I installed hygear spring spacers on my 08 RTX. Seems to help.
I will let you know if the Hygear spacers help reduce or eliminate the sag in my stretched 08' RTX 121" skid. I just installed a pair of the torsion spring spacers while completely rebuilding the skid and shocks. You can see the red Hygear spacers in the picture below. This skid had the same sag Justin asks about above. If I remember right my Phazer skid also had sag and adding the Hygear torsion spring spacers reduced it but didn't eliminate the sag. With any luck I will have the skid back in the sled over the next week and will report back. G.B.

Skid.jpg

Attachments

• Skid.jpg
    Skid.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,847
These sleds do that. The suspension never sits at max height unless you lift on it. I installed the spacers years ago and if they helped it was minimal. Run it and if it's not bottoming out there's nothing to worry about.

Put my rebuilt skid in over the weekend and it sags when you sit on it. I assume this is similar to my Phazer and that is how it is. G.B.

Ok ok now I am second guessing myself on if I installed the torsion springs in the right orientation which could lead to more rear suspension sag? The Yamaha service manual shows the spring wrap so that the long spring stop leg comes off of the top of the coil. The Yamaha micro fiche and everything else I can find shows the long spring stop leg coming off the bottom of the coil like I have assembled my skid. Not sure if you can even install it like the service manual picture below, Which orientation is correct? G.B.

spring 1.jpg spring 2.jpg manual.jpg upload_2019-1-13_15-14-56.png

I just had both rear shocks rebuilt on my Nytro but still have approx 6" of sag in the rear end. It does not spring back up to full up position. If I lift the sled and take pressure off the skid, the sled will stay in the full up position but will sag as soon as any weight on sled.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

I've had my shocks re-valved for fat boy weight (close to 300#) and added BOP 4 position spring blocks but normally put them back down to #3 as #4 is much stiffer but adds like 3/4 of an inch height, trade off isn't the best ride with my set up.
The rear doesn't sag nearly that much, even have a longer Viper snow flap which doesn't drag the ground.
Maybe your springs are getting weak?

I have pics on my rebuild thread of my springs as the two spring guides were worn through. I installed back like I took off, no sag issues.

Back