• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 venture light cold start

Symposium

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 venture light
I have a 2008 venture light with about 280 miles on it. It has been rock solid for me. All of a sudden this season it has developed a cold start difficulty. Put a brand new battery in it which it needed and it just cranks and cranks and cranks. Then it backfires a bit then seems to fire right up.

I only use it to haul food and gear to my cabin to save the wear and tear on my mountain sled.

Anyone have any thoughts? Was going to change the plugs, so I'm looking for a manual so I can do that as well.

Thoughts?

If it was mine I'd siphon the tank empty, fill it with fresh premium with a shot of SeaFoam, start it up and not shut it off again till I ran out of gas. OK, maybe not 200kms but it needs to be used. I have two sleds in the driveway and neither of them gets any better just sitting. Your poor baby isn't even broken in yet.

Welcome to the site, a moderator will give you a manual if you sign up for a VIP membership.

I agree however you always have to run it until it's warmed up before shutting it off. Otherwise, it's like shutting it off while running on choke all the time and fouling the plugs so a plug change would be a good idea. Even though the engine hasn't been broken in yet, I'd change the oil just because of the age. If it's never been changed, that oil is 16 years old!

Back