• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 apex mtx wont wheelie

Evan99

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha apex Mtx
Skinz exhaust
Skins seat
Hey just got my new 2009 apex Mtx and for some reason it won't wheelie. Don't understand since one of my buddies stands straight up. Any suggestions? Thanks

A lot of that has to do with the way the rear skid is setup. Also does your buddy have any mods that might make it easier for him?

The right suspension set up and clutching and it could wheelie all day. Depending on how high you want to lift a heavy sled.

I forget what technical things needs to be done, but I think it's like high engagement for the clutch and more of the weight on the track and less on the skis. I believe that has to do with the limiter straps or something if not the shock itself.

Good information here for when I set up my vmax 700 too bad I never got to ride it after I set it all up.

No mods in particular just installed a intake my buddy did but still wheelies the same. Tried putting stiff front skid shock and soft rear but seems to spin a lot for some reason feels like it doesn't want to hook up. Don't know what's going on any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

No mods in particular just installed a intake my buddy did but still wheelies the same. Tried putting stiff front skid shock and soft rear but seems to spin a lot for some reason feels like it doesn't want to hook up. Don't know what's going on any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
Do you know what track he is running? If he has the stock maverick track on it that's a part of the problem. The track is garbage way to soft. I put the challenger x2.5 on my nytro and that made a huge differences. I was able to get the skis up no problem. For my nytro I don't want a ton of ski lift because my sled trenches so bad but before i changed the skid settings I had the limiter straps as loose as they would go, front skid shock on the hardest setting, and the springs on the hardest setting and it would lift the skis all day. I would first find out what track is on it because that can make a big difference.

My track is in rough shape planning on getting a new one but gonna wait till that one blows... Gotta get my moneys worth. But anyway ne have any suggestions as far as I hear they usually wheelie well and Im not a big guy but still should be able to lift the skis better then it does

Back