• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Big Moose Shoot Out

aja636

Lifetime Member
Okay boys, just to give everyone a heads up, The date will be Saturday Feb 7th. Doing the same thing as last year.

Run what you brung trail sled shoot out.
You must ride sled on trail ride in order to race.
Double elimination.

Meet at Slickers in Old Forge on Route 28, From there if the conditions are good we are going on a little longer trail ride then last year.
Ride to Big Moose Lake and race, Party at the Glenmore when we are done.

I will post more info later and get some Directions up and Hotel Motel info for anyone thinking of making the trip.

I am open to suggestions if anybody has a good idea on changes or what ever!!

Just a reminder:
This wil be an unsactioned,unofficial gathering to determine the fastest trail sled of the day.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.
Last years winner was not happy with the prize(he wouldn't eat it) , so this year it will be a cheeseburger and your beverage of choice.

Again there is no sponsorship nor is this affiliated with TY.
;)!
Art

Hey Guys! Hope you all hade a good summer! Myself and 2 or 3 other guys are in, you guy's did a great job last year!! If there is any thing I can help with let me know.
Bob

Perfect, we just happened to have reservations for that week anyhow...

Trail ride will be about 10 to 25 miles at most

Here is a link to the Town of Old Forge website, All the information for this place is on this site. As it gets closer I will post up more and more info.

http://www.oldforgeny.com/

Thanks
aj andre

Morey you got boost on that sled yet??

Yeah jim it is a long run for you, Maybe in a few years when this event gets bigger you can make a run out.

Last year there was about 80 sleds in the trail ride(maybe more). I lead the trail ride and when we got to the lake I stopped so everyone could get back together and it was an awesome site seeing that big of a group. And mostly yamahas to boot.

There was 25 in the actual race. After the race everyone split out fast, hopefully we can get everyone to stay together a little longer.

It was a good time all in all.

TTT

As for now we have (3) for sure coming up...should be more.

We had a great time last year. Thanks to all who had a hand in putting this together last year (and doing it again this year).

If there are alot of sleds this year...is there any chance of separating the Supercharged/Turbo sleds from the others? Just a thought.

I don't see why we can't do a double elimination un-boosted Trail sled shoot out as well.

My Father(speed) and I put this whole thing together. and with the amount of people that jumped in last year to help set up and call races I don't think that would be a problem.

Maybe we can do stockers sleds first and then run the big dogs after.

All in all we want to stay with double elimination. That way its fair and a single bad run is the factor of a loss.

aja636 said:
I don't see why we can't do a double elimination un-boosted Trail sled shoot out as well.

My Father(speed) and I put this whole thing together. and with the amount of people that jumped in last year to help set up and call races I don't think that would be a problem.

Maybe we can do stockers sleds first and then run the big dogs after.

All in all we want to stay with double elimination. That way its fair and a single bad run is the factor of a loss.

Sounds good aja636...keep us posted. Thanks again to you and your dad for your efforts. See you soon!

Up here in Old Forge now, lakes are unridable and raining BUT the beer is cold.

Me ad Pops took our sleds for a shake down run and we will be ready, so Bring up some Iron boys!!!!!!!!!!

aj

Back