• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 SE Cross Country Race Nytro Rebuild

LEE337

VIP Member
I picked this sled up from Seth (yam177) this past August and have been slowly working on it since. I'm going thought the entire sled replacing what is needed, since racing tends to be a bit hard on things.

Here is what it started life as:

Here's how it looked once i got it:

Decals Removed:

The rear section of the tunnel had be tore up from an end over end flip. So that had to be rebuilt. I had plans of doing a whole new tunnel but due to time restrictions this is what i came up with for this year:

I installed a new rear tunnel section and closed off the hole for under tunnel exhaust.

It is also being streched to a 136", Back country track and 8" Cat wheels. Thanks for the parts Dave (LSXM3)!

Here it is mocked up:

Tunnel powder coated and installed:

As you can see there is still a lot to do before the season starts, I will updated as i move forward. It should look good sitting next to this on the trailer though.

Looks way better than last year from what i can tell! cant wait to see the finished product, and Lee we will have to get a ride in together come winter!

As you can see they are pretty beat up, but the paint does seem to adhere well to them. I am going to recoat them once the rest of sled together. That way if winter comes early and i have to ride with beat up plastic for one season so be it.

Dave- Definitely have to get together for a ride.

Kinger- Let me know sometime when your on your way through always cold beer and sled talk to be had. I am very much a fan of your build and followed it for a while now.

Some more pictures of her Racing for you :)

Attachments

• i500t.jpg
    i500t.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 447
  • img_1232_std.jpg
    img_1232_std.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 418
  • nytro_1230_std.jpg
    nytro_1230_std.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 407
  • walker.jpg
    walker.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 372
I bet it will really start to wake up after its broke in....well wait a minute maybe you wont have to worry about that LOL

Is there special snocross 'tweaks' on this bad boy?

Dibs has been officially called on that ^^^!

Kinger its my understanding that Seth raced it in semi pro stock class. Meaning no engine, intake or exhaust mods, but that leaves suspension, clutching, renforcing, and controls.

Things that have been done to it:

Full set of exit shocks fronts and rears.
Curve skis
RSI bars and riser
OFT Relocator
Trail Tank
Renforced spindles and subframe. (Even though it appears he may have been able to still tweak it a bit)
Maybe Seth can list more i am forgeting.

And yes i did recieve the new cover and COO. Thanks for following up with that!

We had no reverse different gearing Some clutch work.

Some more shots. Also through one in of a phazer for you lee :)

Attachments

• gusset2.jpg
    gusset2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 431
  • gusset.jpg
    gusset.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 411
  • grandcitiesnytro.jpg
    grandcitiesnytro.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 411
  • grandcitiesnytro2.jpg
    grandcitiesnytro2.jpg