• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Vector Speed Sensor

Cdombro

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Vector Ltx Gt
Bought it not running got it fix and figured out my speed sensor was shorted out, replaced it then it work. Then it sat for a couple of days and now its back at zero the bearing looks to be good but have no idea what would be causing it to do this. Checked the sensor it is fine and works no damage to it.

Wire rub through and shorting out somewhere?

Not sure going to take it apart tonight will keep you updated

No offence intended, but you do know the error codes are displayed if there are any?

image.jpg

Yeah I thought it was werid but I have no codes displayed
No offence intended, but you do know the error codes are displayed if there are any?
image.jpg

Yeah thought it was weird but there are no codes displayed

Did you have the toothed speed pickup on the end of the drive shaft off by chance?

Did you have the toothed speed pickup on the end of the drive shaft off by chance?
No I cleaned it and have put it back on and there appears to be no wobble in the bearing

I find it odd that the speedo will read zero when you drive it yet there's no error codes.

I find it odd that the speedo will read zero when you drive it yet there's no error codes.
Thought that also is something that could be out that could cause the TORS not to send code?

Turns out all it was the connector coming down for the handle bars was causing the TORS not to function right cause the speedo not get trough all the way clean up the connector not it works great

Glad you found the problem.

Back