• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 MTX 153": Timbersled or OEM LightWeight Kit??

M_N

Veteran
Ok, looking to improve perf a bit and possibly shed some weight off the sled as well.
Re the skid, I had almost decided to pick up a Timbersled but got some feedback that it would not lift the ski's unless I add some boost!?
Is this really true??

Any feedback about the pro's & con's of each setup are really appreciated!

I am not sure about the new timbersled rear arm but it is supposed to allow full transfer vs mine and yes my setup will not allow lift with out additional power but powder performance is excellent

skid

just put one in my 09 a couple months ago and yea it rips. i have noticed that the skis lift a little more than stock but by no means is it up like a boosted sled. it is a better sled know that i have swapped. hopped this helped. :sled1:

Re: skid

snowgood said:
just put one in my 09 a couple months ago and yea it rips. i have noticed that the skis lift a little more than stock but by no means is it up like a boosted sled. it is a better sled know that i have swapped. hopped this helped. :sled1:

Thanks. You go got the Timersled skid then since you have a 09, right? OEM lightweight kit fits 2010 onwards I beleive.

I personally have a cat skid in mine and I would take it over the timbersled. I have ridden one with the oem lightweight kit. It feels almost identical to mine which makes sense because the lightweight kit is patterned after the cat parts.

Back