• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 USA market share for sleds, ATV's, motorcycles and PWC

AKrider

TY 4 Stroke God
I always find this kind of info interesting. USA market share below.
Ski Doo 39%
Polaris 26%
Arctic Cat 25%
Yamaha 10%

Worldwide sled market share is supposed to be:
doo=33%
poo=32%
cat=19%
yam=16%

I haven't been able to find an official chart for these numbers but they are supposed to be from page 48 of the Powersport Business market book.

Anything on boats? Yamaha kicks brp's @$$ in that segment and pretty much everyone else in the 19-24 foot segments. So much so that sea doo is all done building boats.

No, I don't have the book. It's quite expensive, just happened to find this page posted online.

timebomb said:
Anything on boats? Yamaha kicks brp's @$$ in that segment and pretty much everyone else in the 19-24 foot segments. So much so that sea doo is all done building boats.

In the boating market, yamaha has a VERY small marketshare of the hull... Think probably 1%, if that. Yamaha only builds jet boats, which a fairly niche market by itself.

But in the boat engine world, I'd be interested to see how it ranks between Merc, Yamaha, Tohatsu, and Evinrude (aka, BRP)

Back