• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 sr viper xtx

carcus1

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
ventures
Just sold my rs venture gt and was looking at a used viper, low miles, it has slydog skis and a mbrb can, I know very little about these machines, should I buy or stay away and buy something else? Thanks!

I have a 2014 XTX. Have had one starter problem with it but now have just shy of 5,000 miles on it and love the sled. It has been good to me and just had another reflash done on it a couple weeks ago supposedly to eliminate the starter issues with too much fuel causing kick back. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

I have a 2015 Viper and found a used 2014 XTX with 5,000 miles last fall that I bought for my grandson. We met the previous owner who loved it, but traded it in when the chaincase blew up. (It was covered by an extended warranty.) So far we have put another 1,000 miles on it, and it has been faultless. I have not had the reflash done on it because everything seems "perfect" as is. We mostly trail ride, but he is doing some "off trail" riding, and he is in heaven with the XTX. I would not hesitate to buy another 2014 if the price was right!

and as Wannaviper said trail manners are great but off trail it is a blast. I am coming off and Apex XTX and had a Warrior before that and it is not even comparable.

The XTX handles great and is surprising off trail. My only issue is I'm a big guy and the rear suspension kind of sucks. It's my first truly uncoupled rear suspension and for the way I ride it leaves me disappointed. The problem is the front skid shock is quite stiff and rebounds hard on sudden bumps. I've been kicked up and almost went over the bars a couple times. The solution is to set it to zero preload on the spring but I've set it to half and I'm bottoming much more than I should and I'm still getting rebound. There is a kit from Hygear that supposedly works wonders and I'll be getting it over the summer. Just something to think about before you buy.

Thanks guys, looks like i will be picking one up on Saturday, it comes with a Dalton helix and spring not installed, would it be worth installing them? Also has slydog skis

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Bought the viper xtx, it has about 1.5"s of steering play, gunna look at that tomorrow, also seems to hit the rev limiter before it shifts, guy said it was because of the mbrp can? He gave me a dalton helix and springs that he was intending on installing, will give those a try, sled feels fast compared to my venture!

This sled is awesome, best i've ridden, fixed the steering slop thanks to this forum, took 15 minutes, added a #*$&@ load of red locktite, now just gotta figure out the clutching

This sled is awesome, best i've ridden, fixed the steering slop thanks to this forum, took 15 minutes, added a #*$&@ load of red locktite, now just gotta figure out the clutching
Nice to here your enjoying your new sled!!! As for clutching check out the frequently asked section if you haven't already there is years of great info!!

Couldn't agree with you more. One of my sleds also was a 2010 Venture GT, then I got an X-TX. Totally, and I mean totally different animal. I was out hitting the stutters and moguls this past weekend that would have put me in the ditch riding the Venture GT. These Viper just keep eating bumps and looking for more.

Just got back from my first real ride, about 2.5 hours, the viper is perfect! My son was following on his new to him phazer mtx its a cool little sled too!
20170213_184834.jpg

Back