• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RS Vector LTX

lorivogel

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 RS Vector LTX
When I got my new sled in December I asked the dealer what adjustment to make so it steers better, he told me to go one notch tighter on the limiter strap and dial up the rear shock. Did that and it handled like a dream!!!

I just added 108 studs and now it's steering poorly again. I still have the stock wear bars on it which I am not even sure what they are. What adjustments do you all suggest I do to get it handling great again??

Worked on one like this today. Added Woody's doolies 4inch. Set the front suspension so the arms are parallel to the ground and shimmed the skis. Left limiter strap all the way out. Track shock set at maximum. Tested well for the trails we had. Work in progress.

When I got my new sled in December I asked the dealer what adjustment to make so it steers better, he told me to go one notch tighter on the limiter strap and dial up the rear shock. Did that and it handled like a dream!!!

I just added 108 studs and now it's steering poorly again. I still have the stock wear bars on it which I am not even sure what they are. What adjustments do you all suggest I do to get it handling great again??

I'm guessing it won't hardly turn anymore? If that's the case, adding 108 studs just makes the sled want to keep going forward. With studs IMO you need to go to 6" or 8" carbides or maybe Snowtrackers. You're stock 2" (?) carbides are JUNK and are probably toast already anyway.

Thanks so much! The dealer said it comes with zeroes on the outside and 3" on the insides so I think I'm gonna go with a 4 and a 6 and see how that goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! The dealer said it comes with zeroes on the outside and 3" on the insides so I think I'm gonna go with a 4 and a 6 and see how that goes!

Oh that's right, I forgot you had the junk tuners. In my humble opinion, you're going to want more than 6 and 4 with a studded track. But it's your money, not mine. :)

Oh that's right, I forgot you had the junk tuners. In my humble opinion, you're going to want more than 6 and 4 with a studded track. But it's your money, not mine. :)

What do you suggest I go with then? An 8 on inside and 6 on outside? What will happen if I have too much carbide?

What do you suggest I go with then? An 8 on inside and 6 on outside? What will happen if I have too much carbide?

Here's what I can share with you. My 2014 LTX is not started. When I got the sled, right out of the gate I ran sixes and fours. I didn't think it was enough carbide. But honestly I only rode the sled about a hundred miles with that setup before I took the tuners off. The thing I really never understood is why have different lengths of carbide on inner and outer. I understand the turning thing but any Dooly carbide you see and other brands of dual Runner skis they're all using the same length carbide on each side.
Ask your dealer if you don't like the 6 and 4 setup will he exchange them for eights and sixes or two eights?

That's a good point about the Dooly's. I'll check with him and see what he says. I just don't want to have too much carbide and then have a different issue! Lol

That's kind of the problem. What works for somebody else might not work for you. I think to find the right combination at you're going to want your an end up spending money.

Yeah I hear you! And I'm not really an overly aggressive rider either. Thanks for your insight I really appreciate it [emoji16]

Yeah I hear you! And I'm not really an overly aggressive rider either. Thanks for your insight I really appreciate it [emoji16]

Do you mind if I ask......if you're not an overly aggressive rider then why did you have your track studded? Control in icy conditions?

Do you mind if I ask......if you're not an overly aggressive rider then why did you have your track studded? Control in icy conditions?

Yes, icy conditions. I'm in VT and the last few years we've been getting rain after snow and it freezes up and is icy then you'll get some fresh powder to cover the ice. I've seen a few riders sliding backwards down big hills and I don't want that to be me! Plus I just think it's much safer in general to be studded!

My son does ride my sled when we're not on a trip together and he is a very aggressive rider but he is also a lot stronger than I am. I have fibromyalgia so my strength and time on the sled is limited so I want it to turn the best that it can.

Yes, icy conditions. I'm in VT and the last few years we've been getting rain after snow and it freezes up and is icy then you'll get some fresh powder to cover the ice. I've seen a few riders sliding backwards down big hills and I don't want that to be me! Plus I just think it's much safer in general to be studded!

My son does ride my sled when we're not on a trip together and he is a very aggressive rider but he is also a lot stronger than I am. I have fibromyalgia so my strength and time on the sled is limited so I want it to turn the best that it can.

I fully understand. I wish I could give you more of a definitive answer but I can't. I want to say try 6-6 and if it's too much just change one out to a 4. Or not enough change one to an 8. You're NOT buying Yamaha OEM carbides are you? PLEASE say you're not! :) Woodys is #1 in my book.

I fully understand. I wish I could give you more of a definitive answer but I can't. I want to say try 6-6 and if it's too much just change one out to a 4. Or not enough change one to an 8. You're NOT buying Yamaha OEM carbides are you? PLEASE say you're not! :) Woodys is #1 in my book.

Oh gosh no! Either Woody's or Stud Boy but probably Woody's!!!

Back