• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 viper mpi 190 info needed

madsledder

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Looking for info on how to check voltage on 2015 Yamaha viper mtx with mpi turbo. Have had a lot of problems since I bought it and looking for some info. Had an older tread but gonna start from scratch at were I am. Boost is too high at lower elevation and drops as I go up in elevation (seems backwards). I did buy a new map sensor last year fixed it for a ride and a bit. But then back to the same thing. Need to figure out if voltages are right so I can keep tracking down my problem. Yes I have talked to both Yamaha dealer and MPI. If it is the gems box I'm just gonna drop it and get a power commander but need to be sure first.

Wait a sec? Why are we not starting with the basics on the turbo?

What kit is it? Mountain kit or trail kit.

Next what boost numbers are you seeing?

What's your afr reading?

How would voltages have a direct affect on boost and not on any thing else that would cause a red flag. Your voltages seem perfectly fine

It is a 190 mountain kit with eabc. It is over boosting at lower elevation 10 plus, and drops as I go up 6500'only 5 psi hit 7500' last year was down to 4 psi. If I disconnect the eabc it will only run 5psi. I am thinking voltage because I put a new map in it and it worked for a ride and then did the same thing again. Thinking voltage might be off messing with the map sensor. I don't have afr guage.

Also I have no boost leaks only found one on the intake which I had welded up. Changed nothing. MPI checked out the turbo said it worked perfect. I have lots of turbo chatter. The only other thing is I guess could a bad head gasket cause this? It doesn't run hot or loose anti freeze, no oil anti freeze exchange.

Back