• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 LTX LE MPI Turbo Bad Luck / Good Luck Story

I'mAllIn

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha SR Viper LTX-LE
I bought a pair of matching sleds (2016 LTX LE) for the wife and I. Mine is at Ulmer getting the full treatment, MPI turbo, clutch, gearing, etc, etc.

Due to the great work of this forum and the valuable information shared here, we checked the build dates of our sleds. Low and behold, mine is a new motor sled, the one at Ulmer now. Wife's is a February production with the old, trusted motor. Called Allen Thursday and he has not completed the install yet and hasn't started the engine with Turbo on it.

So tomorrow, we're heading the Ulmer to drop the other sled and installing the turbo on the wife's sled, which will now be mine.

Thanks again!

So just to clarify is Allen concerned about the strength of the new engines too?

He has 2 new sleds, one old build, one new build. We discussed what to do with his new build (originally with turbo), I suggested to swap the turbo from the new build to the old build. This eliminates any questions on reliability or if he chooses to turn up the boost in a season he does not have to worry about rods.

He was comfortable with the new engine, but ultimately I decided it would be better to swap and not have to worry or wonder!

Back