• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RUMORS.......

see the piggy back fox shock on the spring order viper ltx LE?
2016_SRViper_L-TX_LE_h_02.png
Looks like something new just for Yamaha - only 3 clicks of adjustability.

.......Keep in mind the former Veck was available with only 121 and 136-inch track lengths but the new skid has allowed Yamaha to reduce weight in the trail-length skid (129) by over 10-lbs compared to the 121 and deliver a larger footprint with more floatation....

Not a shot at you but just using your comment for reference............10 whole pounds? I take dumps bigger than that.........all in all, YAWN........glad I wasn't/am not in the market.........

Yamaha did some good changes, but still missing the mark. They need to offer a +160hp mountain sled. That's like mountain sled basics these days. I myself looking at jumping ship. Give myself a month to cool down and re-think.

or those who thought the Vector was going to be deleted from Yamaha's 2016 line-up, there's big news.

Yes, this original, all-Yamaha snowmobile will see some of the biggest changes it's had since its first-version intro back in 2004.

We've often commented on how we always hoped Yamaha would stick with its mono-shock rear suspension and maybe even find a way to use it the Viper. We were taken by surprise to see a completely re-thought version of a single shock skidframe for the Vector (and Apex) this year focusing on extreme weight loss.

It's called the SingleShot suspension and it's now available on the Vector in 129 and 146-inch (X-TX) lengths.

You don't have to look too hard to see where the weight has been pared either. A lighter, premium Fox Float 3 XV air shock is located on a completely different plain than the old KYB coilover monster on the Monoshock and there are now adjustable coupler blocks relocated further forward instead of the Monoshock's older and heavier coupler rods.

Keep in mind the former Veck was available with only 121 and 136-inch track lengths but the new skid has allowed Yamaha to reduce weight in the trail-length skid (129) by over 10-lbs compared to the 121 and deliver a larger footprint with more floatation.

There's a claimed 9-lbs savings with the 146 over the 136. We haven't sampled this skidframe yet but we've heard it works very well and is at least as plush as the old Mono. Also available is a 146-inch Vector X-TX with a 1.75 Backcountry track.

Looks like a win-win here: Less weight more floatation.

Another big feature this year is the reworking of the Vector and Venture's 1,049cc 4-stroke. The engine has received a new crankshaft, pistons and rods and now features a 3-mode YCCT (Yamaha Chip-Controlled Throttle) system for better throttle control, fuel economy and trail comfort.

The YCCT's drive-by-wire setup is similar to Ski-Doo's ITC system and its D-Mode feature offers the rider different settings to suit different riders, particularly novice ones riding varying trail situations. The desired mode can be toggled from the handlebars and is displayed on the gauge panel.

The 129 version comes with a 1.25-inch deep RipSaw track and uses KYB gas shocks and Tuner skis up front. Power steering is still standard on all Vectors.
Of course like every year there are a lot of complaints, but I for one am pretty interested in looking at the new 2016 Vector XTX as a replacement for my 2012 Nytro XTX instead of the Viper. I don't think I could have said that last year. This sled looks to be a very nice model. I can't wait to hear some early reports on it. I like the Viper, but I just think this Vector might be a higher quality sled. Nice improvements on it.

The Viper L-TX SE says it has FOX FLOAT 3 front shocks in one place, and FOX FLOAT 3 EVOLs in another. The pics look like they are not the EVOLs but who knows for sure? The X-TX LE says it has the EVOLs as well, but most of the pics don't look that way.

The Viper L-TX SE says it has FOX FLOAT 3 front shocks in one place, and FOX FLOAT 3 EVOLs in another. The pics look like they are not the EVOLs but who knows for sure? The X-TX LE says it has the EVOLs as well, but most of the pics don't look that way.

Don't forget this "Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice."

There were a number of Viper buyers burned by this last year.

I am not knocking the Single Shot suspension, but after looking at the pics...there doesn't seem to be much to it at all. Seems too simple which makes me apprehensive. Doesn't look like it compares to something like an R-Motion. Anyway, it is just at a glance.

I am not knocking the Single Shot suspension, but after looking at the pics...there doesn't seem to be much to it at all. Seems too simple which makes me apprehensive. Doesn't look like it compares to something like an R-Motion. Anyway, it is just at a glance.
That was my exact thought as well. I was really hoping for some new ultra performing progressive rate suspension like the r-motion, this seems much too simple but I am looking forward to hearing ride reviews from the magazine people who got to test drive them before the release.

I see what you mean. After looking at it closer it doesn't look much different than the float suspension that Cat has offered for years. I was thinking at first that it was a progressive-rate version of the monoshock. But it isn't anything like the monoshock. It is just a float shock on the rear arm with no front arm shock.

That would be me. :)

Do you still have the Berg? I am looking for one.
Yep, only 60 hours on it. Not sure about selling it though...(I'll think about it) Just added a 2015 Husky 300 to the garage...pumped about riding it this summer.

Was there ever a perm. fix for those leaky water pump seals? (DRIVES ME CRAZY)

As predicted.......COOL DECALS!!!!! @!#$!!!!!! Polaris.....here I come!

Back