• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Sidewinder 14.4lbs boost at 270

Just for some clarification here please of mufflers: I'm running the 2.5" sandale now with 270r hurricane tune. Runs great but is too loud on the trail for me nowadays so looking for a quieter alternative that doesn't rob big HP.. Dave says his free flowing stock muffler mod will flow just fine with that 270r tune and it's stock sound. Are you guys referring to his trail muffler or his mod muffler that is still too loud? I saw a few stock mods for sale a while back used and makes me wonder what the story was with them..
Turbor Performance has a nice stock mod muffler that flows really well.

Last edited:

I just want to say that Dave's tunes benefit exponentially from these free flowing exhaust.
Remember, these tunes were designed around the trail muffler.

Any thoughts why my sled won’t build past 11.8 on 240ss tune?

Not hitting optimum RPM, boost leak, exhaust leak, faulty MAP sensor, poor intake, high IAT's the list goes on. You want a sled that performes at optimum levels everything must be in check.

Did a boost leak test. What I found was the one single clamp off the turbo heading to the intercooler didn't have enough clamp down power even using an automotive clamp. Two clamps did the trick.

Here's a theory though. With the low snow conditions we have and very poor groomed trails I dont really have anything to hook up on well and would spin for quite a few feet only letting off in 150 yards. Across a field the boost(at the time) would build slowly and maybe its similar to being up in the air on a stand where the boost pressure isnt prevalent because there isnt actually a load. While spinning there just really isnt as much load as when you actually "hook up" ad maybe also the cause for a low boost scenario as well? This is the first year I can actually see the psi so only those that have seen this could confirm this theory.

We might have 6" of snow here at the most, once again, terrible year.
grind the clamp so it can betightened more

Im having same issue as the OP. Sled was at dealer getting some work done to it. When it was done I had it flashed to hurricane 270SS. Running quality is good but it wont boost, spools quickly to 13.5-14 then takes 500ft or more to climb to 16-16.2 and thats it. Checked for boost leaks and there are none. Removed manifold and midpipe and inspected closely for leaks. No soot marks or visible cracks. Started the sled with exhaust cold and covered exhaust outlet with welding glove and it stalled immediately. Tried again with exhaust hot and aled stalled immediately. Before spending anymore time diagnosing I reflashed my turbo dynamics bundle in and went to test. 18.2 psi on maxspool 17 immediately. Tried all the other tunes in bundle and they all reach target immediately. Reflashed hurricane tune and back to low peak boost and slow spooling. Not sure what else to check now but might drop it back off at dealer as they have good working relationship with Dave so hopefully they can sort it out. I dont want to give up on it as it seems like it would be an awesome tune but its not cooperating with my sled at all.

They say you have to run the map sensor from the company you buy your tune from.
Possible your run issue is the wrong map sensor if your flashing back and forth between different tuners.

I had to run the 3 bar from Hurricane myself for my SM tunes, when I switched to the PEFI multi I wasn't told about taking it out as he uses the stock sensor. Needless to say it read no more than 10 psi even on stage 3, I put the stock one in and it was back to 16 plus, now the sensor from Hurricane is listed in the classifieds.

They say you have to run the map sensor from the company you buy your tune from.
Possible your run issue is the wrong map sensor if your flashing back and forth between different tuners.
No, Dave said they are the exact same GAP 3 bar sensors. That was my first question.

I had to run the 3 bar from Hurricane myself for my SM tunes, when I switched to the PEFI multi I wasn't told about taking it out as he uses the stock sensor. Needless to say it read no more than 10 psi even on stage 3, I put the stock one in and it was back to 16 plus, now the sensor from Hurricane is listed in the classifieds.
You can't swap back and forth between MAP sensors . Of course their going to read different . Tunes are set up based on MAP sensor

You can't swap back and forth between MAP sensors . Of course their going to read different . Tunes are set up based on MAP sensor
Back and forth? no, just back, the vendor who flashed both tunes forgot to mention the new tune wasn't setup for the 3 bar, putting the stock one back in solved it.

Back