• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Sidewinder updates

Mototown

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex 40 th
noticed on a 2019 sidewinder at the Toronto show with the clutch cover panels off , there looked to be a new thinner brake rotor on it .

noticed on a 2019 sidewinder at the Toronto show with the clutch cover panels off , there looked to be a new thinner brake rotor on it .
Speaking of updates, has anyone noticed any difference with the ROV or will it be the same ol issue that 2017/2018 have?

I thought the SRX rotor looked same as mine.....but noticed the Tcat rotor was a basic non race style, not sure if that sled might been a proto? Could be you were looking at a regular rotor, which i think come on most non LE/SRX models.

Dan

Mine is the same on the 18 , helixes must be made in China lol , ordered new dalton helix , hope its cut correctly ....

Last edited:
Just plain rotor but it looked thinner

Attachments

• 6080D6D9-C63C-4CBE-9C11-2BC41D1D7D78.jpeg
    6080D6D9-C63C-4CBE-9C11-2BC41D1D7D78.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 246

Just got some letter main from Yamaha today and it talked about an all new brake rotor that is 1 pound lighter than previous. It bragged that it is lighter rotating mass. It showed a photo of it, cross drilled and wavy edged

noticed that only two of the three of the rollers on the secondary touched the helix - thought they would have got that right. we can't blame that on Arctic!!
Cast piece.......As soon as it starts to shift they sit flat. Has alot to do with the way the spring sits at idle.

I confirmed the Apex "pink" secondary spring on the SRX. And the Helix did look to be a reverse angle, as specs show the 35/39. Wont be good for guys who tune though.

Just got some letter main from Yamaha today and it talked about an all new brake rotor that is 1 pound lighter than previous. It bragged that it is lighter rotating mass. It showed a photo of it, cross drilled and wavy edged
Sure looked same as my LE race rotor we got...same as 17 LE had too. But the non race ones look totally diff....not drilled and no wavy edge.

Sure looked same as my LE race rotor we got...same as 17 LE had too. But the non race ones look totally diff....not drilled and no wavy edge.

On my ‘17 SE it was just a plain round non drilled rotor. I knew it was slowing me down! Lol

My ‘18 STX DX has a drilled rotor with a wavy edge around the circumference.

897956BA-C0BF-4AD3-8494-374B559BB011.jpeg

Just buy the SSI rotor for around $100

Cast piece.......As soon as it starts to shift they sit flat. Has alot to do with the way the spring sits at idle.

I confirmed the Apex "pink" secondary spring on the SRX. And the Helix did look to be a reverse angle, as specs show the 35/39. Wont be good for guys who tune though.

Can you explain what you meant by this "And the Helix did look to be a reverse angle, as specs show the 35/39. Wont be good for guys who tune though" please.

Back