• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 srx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
sidewinder
well I'm at the 600 mile mark .
the roller in the primary r worn out ,junk . is there a better roller out there ? my last sidewinder I got 3000 miles on original roller , same mods and clutching as my srx , wtf ,
also I can't believe how much this new rip saw 1 inch is stretching , I have adjusted it multiple times now . I hope it stop stretching , I can't believe how shitty the Torx screws r on this sled , very easy to strip the heads on the torx screws

the roller in the primary r worn out ,junk . is there a better roller out there ? my last sidewinder I got 3000 miles on original roller , same mods and clutching as my srx , wtf ,
also I can't believe how much this new rip saw 1 inch is stretching , I have adjusted it multiple times now . I hope it stop stretching , I can't believe how shitty the Torx screws r on this sled , very easy to strip the heads on the torx screws
Hope this is all stuff Yamaha takes care of you quickly on! Sorta small stuff at this point but by no means acceptable! This is what I think is the dangerous slippery slope Yamaha stands on with this cat Venture.....For the price you guys pay or for that fact anyone for the top self sled in there fleet this is what turns me completely off ! No excuses !! They need to go back to Japan controlled build and quality!!

yes your right it is small things , but they all want more money every year with zero improvement to there quality , the clutch roller have been problems since day 1 , with other things which r pennies for Yamaha to correct

yes your right it is small things , but they all want more money every year with zero improvement to there quality , the clutch roller have been problems since day 1 , with other things which r pennies for Yamaha to correct
Yep .. some genius got a "dat a boy" for saving 10 cents.... New vender making sh)$^t from china.

i just blew the roll over value monday and it went to the dealership for warranty. when they looked over the sled they said the same, my primary rollers were worn out and i've got 644km on the sled.
i've also tighten my track several times. still using my first belt though.

Colder than a hooker's heart this morning, -36 celsius which is - 33 fahrenheit. Good day to go through the winder to see whats shot after 650 miles. I bet the engine would love this cold thick air though...

just rolled over 1000 miles on my srx. Original belt with the 260 hp TD tune. Multiple high speed runs and some hard trail rides in quebec.

My rollers are perfect....so far. The only thing I changed for clutching are the weights in the primary. All springs are stock and helix as well.

I had a 2017 and had problems with my primary rollers, but also had everything changed in my clutch. I think the less you change in the clutching the better. Big heavy springs and weights seem to crush these rollers IMO..

My track stretched a lot but with a 1000 miles it has stopped. As far as torx screws you have to be gentle with them for sure.

Overall best sled to date for me!

just rolled over 1000 miles on my srx. Original belt with the 260 hp TD tune. Multiple high speed runs and some hard trail rides in quebec.

My rollers are perfect....so far. The only thing I changed for clutching are the weights in the primary. All springs are stock and helix as well.

I had a 2017 and had problems with my primary rollers, but also had everything changed in my clutch. I think the less you change in the clutching the better. Big heavy springs and weights seem to crush these rollers IMO..

My track stretched a lot but with a 1000 miles it has stopped. As far as torx screws you have to be gentle with them for sure.

I have over 1200 kms on my SRX as well as of today and rode for the 1st time with the 240 hurricane flash. the performance is awesome. I agree it is my best sled so far.

What primary weights are you running for the 260 flash? I used Dalton QAY 70 loaded at 73 grams today. I am wondering if these weights will support the 270 flash?

nope its boosted ,
My stock rollers('18) were fine for the first 550 miles, all stock engine.

I tuned it to 270r early spool, and within 60 miles, the rollers were toast. The early spool tunes, 78g of weight and too much backpressure(that setup was not good then) ate my stock rollers in one day.

Got TP rollers ever since.....after 1500 additional miles boosted to 270 pounding it corner to corner dailey, I inspect TP rollers each ride, looking great still. Def got my vote.

Dan

My stock rollers('18) were fine for the first 550 miles, all stock engine.

I tuned it to 270r early spool, and within 60 miles, the rollers were toast. The early spool tunes, 78g of weight and too much backpressure(that setup was not good then) ate my stock rollers in one day.

Got TP rollers ever since.....after 1500 additional miles boosted to 270 pounding it corner to corner dailey, I inspect TP rollers each ride, looking great still. Def got my vote.

Dan
thanks. I have a set of them

Back