• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019s

There is a new helix in the secondary I am hearing.
The stock clutching works if the rollers aren’t worn out and alignment is good.
Not saying it’s great clutching but it won’t blow belts when alignment is correct.

Last edited:

Needs to earn its stripes and I’m skeptical.
Yea it looks cool but performance wise a TD tuned power trail Winder will smoke it, I’m positive of that. The track lug height is it’s biggest disadvantage.
The advantages of the larger lug track are huge.
I would much rather ride a Sidewinder with a tune, handle well and out accelerate and smoke that SRX on the lake.

JT just get a tune you’ll actually be happier. If you buy that SRX then get smoked on the lake by a tuned Winder, you’ll be kicking yourself.

I agree, kinda like a factory Mustang cobra with a roots or whatever blower, and here comes a standard gt with a Kenne bell supercharger, boost cranked up, and blows your doors off. Do they still say that???LOL
But as stock, and limited production, it'll be a classic.

The stock clutching works if the rollers aren’t worn out and alignment is good.

I think the current helix is a 35 degree, if they changed it I am not sure what it is. If it's new I would hope they fitted it with the newer rollers too. I still gotta wonder if the ProCross chassis flexes too much? The belt blowing on these go back to the 1100T in 2012. It does sound like the current Cat models are also blowing some belts, there are more SW's out there than TCat/ZR9000's I guess. I think the problem amplifies greatly with a tune.

I think the current helix is a 35 degree, if they changed it I am not sure what it is. If it's new I would hope they fitted it with the newer rollers too. I still gotta wonder if the ProCross chassis flexes too much? The belt blowing on these go back to the 1100T in 2012. It does sound like the current Cat models are also blowing some belts, there are more SW's out there than TCat/ZR9000's I guess. I think the problem amplifies greatly with a tune.
Chassis is very stiff and strong, not the issue. Huge offsets and out of parallel are the problems, same as the 1100 Cats. Go figure.

I digress.... JT get a dam tune and a Wrap, that will fix everything for a lot less $$$$.

Hummmm that gets me thinking maybe I need an SRX wrap for my Viper?
Cat guys say..........WHAaaaat!

The XTX-LE says it comes in a 141 AND 137 length but the dealer says there is no listing for a 137 version. Anyone know about this? The Yamaha website mentions it.
046ECC82-57D8-40D7-8448-4B47E616668E.png

P
Yeh I know Cats record.....:(
older procross turbos had a TCL which was all the problem, bad jack shaft, clutches stuck, New cat s/w does not have the TCL. I got rid of TCL on my 12 and I get over 1000 miles on belts, I have 17 ,tuned with 1000 miles no belts blown.

P

older procross turbos had a TCL which was all the problem, bad jack shaft, clutches stuck, New cat s/w does not have the TCL. I got rid of TCL on my 12 and I get over 1000 miles on belts, I have 17 ,tuned with 1000 miles no belts blown.

with TCL or TCL delete hasn’t made a difference for me with the cats. Here’s the thing, when you add the TCL delete you are instructed to align the clutches, that’s what fixed your sled. Offset bushing kit has fixed all three Cat belt blowers I have worked on, they all still retain the TCL. The amount of products that flooded the market to fix Cat belt blowers was crazy and it all really boiled down to alignment. BUT nobody makes money just telling you to align your clutches. Parallel was the biggest killer of belts with the F1100’s and probably is with the Winder. Cat compounded the problem of blowing belts with a horrible clutch setup that didn’t have enough belt tension down at low speeds. Atleast The Sidewinder has a fairly good clutch setup if alignment is ok. Two of the three Cats I worked on the owners claimed the clutches were perfect alignment, well that was not what I found after digging into them. The weak jackshaft was created to sell aftermarket ones. Talked to several owners of 300hp Cats and they are all fine with the stock jackshaft. Buyers beware!
Explain how one sled blows belts every 300 miles and the other is good for +1500 miles?
Riding style is weak because I know guys who calmed it down and still got horrible belt life.

I hear ya Brent....

I think if YAM goes away(sleds) its a huge loss for all sledders. I realize we are mostly cat already, but to not be able to buy a YAM badged sled is just hard to fathom.

I have heard time and time again rumours of a JAPAN YAM, but it just seems like that will never come. Would it be awesome, for sure!

I think(hope) 2020 brings them out with more models again, and what I always hoped for was that apex engine in the procross chassie.....maybe now that BRP came with 150hp 4s, cat/yam will counter with the apex engine. Sure it would not be as light but a NA 150(ish) apex engine would be so cool to have in this chassie....likely never happen tho.
Dan, Yamaha is not going anywhere. However it is obvious that the bulk of sled production will be in the USA going forward.
BTW, I was at the Abitibi Canyon on Wednesday, and a few guys I was talking to during Winder discussion mentioned you.
:)

Well....I haven't been on the forum for a while but I have been trolling quite a bit and I must say after throwing many parts and or idea's at this sidewinder to keep it from blowing belts nothing has worked. I am currently running a 18 LTX Le and I must say if anything it's worse then my 17 was. We have had a low snow year here so I have been running Cochrane Ontario as much as possible and I managed to put 1200 miles so far and I am on belt #4. Many many sidewinders on the trails and at every stop it was always a conversation about who blew the most belts and let me tell ya I was blown away even on stock sleds. Love the sled to death but how can a turbo Apex or a Turbo Nytro be so good on belts ( best in the biz) and these be the worse in the biz I just don't get it......

And now a SRX with a lower 1'' lug, lower ride height etc will this really remove that much stress from the belt to make it last or did they make other changes that I am not aware of.
I just turned 2000 miles on 260hp 18 XTX. Have blown 2 belts, I can live with that. I am running the 8DN belt, as my original 8JP failed with only 300 miles, sled was stock at that time.

Back