• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewind one year and when the 19's were announced the usual suspects here went into a speed-wobble about Yamaha was FINISHED! lol

Id much rather have a 2020 with BNG than beat my self to within a inch of being paralyzed driving a vintage apex with an inadequate suspension. I don't know how you guys driving old iron can rip on Yamaha about what they are offering when ya have nothing to compare it to. 2008 Apex is non comparable to a new viper or sidewinder. Now bring it on Sasquatch LaLaLa

Why? I'm happy that people are riding sleds, even if they are Cat, Doo's and Poo's. Why be so upset that 2020 brings BNG? Why be upset that people like the Apex and not the Cat? Why be so upset that some may not agree with your choice? Id be more upset that the best Yamaha can do is buy a competitors sled and get them to add a Yamaha sticker to it.

So why rip on a guy that is just disappointed with the fact that there are only three sled manufactures left and then rip on the now end of the line of a once great sled manufacture? Tis a strange thing to rip on Yamaha because they have nothing to compare to Cat, strange indeed. Its kinda like running down the very brand you are loyal too and goes back to my take on brand identity and loyalty. How do you have loyalty to a brand with no identity?

To me Yamaha is like the snake eating itself, in mythology is means life from death, it eats its own tail to stay alive, an eternal cycle of renewal, but reality is when a snake eats its own tail to survive it dies because it can't stop once it starts. I too think BNG and a mountain sled and there was three!

Hey Squatch i seen Bobo(you know the guy from the show insearch of Bigfoot) at the nearest watering hole this past weekend and he just traded his old Apex in on a pro cross Yamaha powered snowmachine. He said that it rides and drives great and loves it. He also said the reason why they can never find you is that the trails are usually to rough for that old Apex you ride and you just hide in your cave dreaming about a new Pro Cross sled with Yamaha power.

Really this thread has been gone since it started and I don't think anyone is ragging on anybody at least I'm not, just having a little fun and if I have affended anyone I'm sorry. But if you can't laugh and joke around once in while what good is that. This thread has been off track since it started bouncing around from one thing to another and something should have been done along time ago, so if your calling certain people out as of now SO BE IT.

Really this thread has been gone since it started and I don't think anyone is ragging on anybody at least I'm not, just having a little fun and if I have affended anyone I'm sorry. But if you can't laugh and joke around once in while what good is that. This thread has been off track since it started bouncing around from one thing to another and something should have been done along time ago, so if your calling certain people out as of now SO BE IT.
x2

We are down 3 weeks till the long awaited event .
it's soon time for a teaser video or an
unintentional / intentional leak
Can't wait !

Last edited:
My money is on apex 4-cyl wedged into cat chassis and named enticer.

I don't think you will see any thing like that or the phazer motor either i think that they will only be using motors that will cross over into other types of vehicles such as atvs and sxs. I was told years ago that the phazer motor was already put in the pro cross chassis way back in 2014 and they were not going to release it because the phazer motor cost to much to manufacture. Don't know if there is any truth to that but came from good source.

Its post like these above, members ragging on members, members ragging on Yamaha, call outs.. etc that get some of these threads Locked and Dog Piled.
Keep it up and this thread will be gone.
I was pointing this out somewhere around page 90... yet it still goes on and on...

I Loved my Apex Xtx until I broke the ear off my bulkhead on Fridays ride... best trail sled I’ve ever had... did I spend money on upgrade to make it ride better and improve my seating position??? Yes!!!

I have always said if they would put power steering on the pro cross I’d have one with in a week especially a sidewinder... do they have design problems??? Yes!!! But so did the DB chassis

You all need to get off your high horses and get on your sleds and ride!!! This is one of the best years in the Midwest in about five years so ride what you: have, can afford, or enjoy!!! But again just get out and enjoy yourself on a sled!!!

PLEASE, Please, please ride responsibility!!!

Agree eps is very difficult to give up as I age nothing else will do. SW is a great sled but I will never purchase a sled without eps again. Why eps is not a procross feature is puzzling for me. Make it a Spring option for both Viper and SW and it will be order time for sure.

again this weekend the snowmobile shows are concentrating on entry level sleds. I have seen three different sled shows now release episodes with at least 10 minutes talking about mid-market sleds.

Somebody is coming out with a direct competitor to the Polaris Evo. It won't be a 120, and it won't be a 200 SnoScoot. This is their way of hinting at it. Since SkiDoo still has the Ace 600 and a couple 550 fan models, you know it will be Cat/Yamaha. Enticer will be what is coming. And nothing would make me more happy to see it be 100% Yamaha, but we all know that will never happen again.

Best reply I have seen on this site in a long time, maybe ever. 100% agreed, get out and ride whatever you have! Enjoy nayure, friends, family and the break from the daily grind! Including a break from this site!

I was pointing this out somewhere around page 90... yet it still goes on and on...

I Loved my Apex Xtx until I broke the ear off my bulkhead on Fridays ride... best trail sled I’ve ever had... did I spend money on upgrade to make it ride better and improve my seating position??? Yes!!!

I have always said if they would put power steering on the pro cross I’d have one with in a week especially a sidewinder... do they have design problems??? Yes!!! But so did the DB chassis

You all need to get off your high horses and get on your sleds and ride!!! This is one of the best years in the Midwest in about five years so ride what you: have, can afford, or enjoy!!! But again just get out and enjoy yourself on a sled!!!

PLEASE, Please, please ride responsibility!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back